advice on military support jobs

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by blixey, Jan 1, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hi,

i have no military background so apologies if this is a potentially stupid question.

could anyone advise me on military jobs that are either fringe, or support based that would be accessible to people who failed (crap eyesight) the army medical?

in my naivete i first tried territorial army intelligence in the hope that a back-room job might be a way past the medical for front line roles.

obviously i've since found out this isn't the case, so i'm wondering if there are any civilian/semi-military support organisations (logistics, intelligence, engineering) that exist, that would bypass the army's eyesight requirements but still enable me to work in a military support role.

having no military or police background also writes off any private 'circuit' jobs.

i'll be posting this in the TA section too, so please let me know if this falls foul of any forum regs.

any info would be appreciated.

thanks.

2. ever thought of a job in the MOD?? i have a friends who's brother failed the army meds and now he lives in germany on a fat pay packet from the MOD :D

3. aah, nice one PT. probably the most obvious one check out first and i overlooked it.

i bet i would have fitted right in at army intelligence :D

4. How did you fail the eyesight test? arent you allowed to wear glasses?

5. just applied for an MoD civilian job (but thanks for posting that link anyway SJ).

6. good luck mate hope you get the job :D