Advice on Joining Paras?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, so I'm 15 in 3 months and I plan to join the army when I leave after my A-Levels. I have been thinking of going into the Paras. I have access to a gym and I was wondering if there's anything I should start doing to prepare myself. I would consider myself quite fit. I can do 50 press-ups, 45 sit-ups in a minute, and 800m in about 3 minutes 30 seconds. Also, I am trained to black belt standard in self-defence martial arts, which may or may not be useful. Is there any advice anyone can give me on going into the Paras, and if anyone could give me any guidelines as to how physically fit I would need to be to get through Para training.

Thanks,
M

Alright, so I'm 15 in 3 months and I plan to join the army when I leave after my A-Levels. I have been thinking of going into the Paras. I have access to a gym and I was wondering if there's anything I should start doing to prepare myself. I would consider myself quite fit. I can do 50 press-ups, 45 sit-ups in a minute, and 800m in about 3 minutes 30 seconds. Also, I am trained to black belt standard in self-defence martial arts, which may or may not be useful. Is there any advice anyone can give me on going into the Paras, and if anyone could give me any guidelines as to how physically fit I would need to be to get through Para training.

Thanks,
M
800m in three and a half minutes is awfully slow.

Don’t ever mention your martial arts training.

On a serious note. Keep your fitness up. Make sure your press ups are proper press ups. Make sure you have no fear of heights and possibly look at joining the cadets.

Also, go hill walking.

Sttrory

War Hero
All you need
Vaseline-Lip-Therapy---Original-Tin_12_tcm2857-888872.png

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads