Advice on GYH(T)

Hi everyone long time lurker first time poster. Hope someone can offer some advice. I am currently renting a flat in Portsmouth and will be there for the next couple of years. I am orignally from Glasgow and am looking to buy a flat there. However, i may only travel back there once every two months and so would this restrict me in getting GYH(Travel)?? i have read the JSP and it makes no mention of number of times you have to go back and is just a sum that is given to you regardless of how much you go home.

Any advice?? Don't want to claim if not entitled or if within a grey "Expenses-MP" area.

I've not got the JSP to hand but look up the definition of a privately maintained property in chapter 1.
PMP = A SP's wholey or partially owned proeprty or a rented property for which they are a signatory on the tenancy agreement. It must be where the SP would normally reside at weekends, stand-downs and periods of leave and for which they have full or partial responsibility for payment of Council Tax. A PMP may not ne let (but a lodger may be taken) and it must not be the family home or Res at Work Address ... so in essence if you were to purchase a house/flat elsewhere in the country this would by classed as your PMP and therefore you will be entitled to GYH(T) (provided it is not the let by yourself) ... on a side note - if your rented flat at your duty station is over 3 miles from work you may also claim HDT at the same time as this is classed as your Residence at Work Address!!! ... Hope this is of use.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E ARRSE: Site Issues 24
B Int Corps 60
Ventress REME 8

Similar threads

Latest Threads