Advice on getting deployed this summer

Discussion in 'Sappers' started by Japster, May 13, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just been given a problem which I`d like to help out with, but I need some input from my fellow Arrsers.

I`ve god a young TA RE lad in my unit (AMS Fd Hosp) who wants to deploy this summer to Afghanistan (He`s allready done the other sandy place, in Dogwood with the BW) but cannot find anyone to deploy with. He has got his name down on the various trawl lists but as yet has had no success. He is a time served chippy and is as keen as mustard, but is suffering from a bit of a drop in morale as he feels that nobody wants him.

Can anybody come up with sensible suggestions on how to get him on a tour? Is it worth contacting units direct, if so, how do I find out which Engrs are going? Any body know anything about PRT`s as his skills could be put to good use there, I`m sure that they must be screaming out for carpenters.

Any suggestions gratfully recieved

2. Speak to 2 Med Bde then your functional C2 - it sounds as though you are the PSAO?? Your Regional Bde should also be able to help.

Good luck

3. My units going. However, we're Regulers - so I don't know if that would change anything and the fact that our orbat was finalised last week...

4. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

Japster - PM inbound.