Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Advice on Collections please

veritas

Old Salt
Hi,

Ive been pestering event organisors to see if I could do a collection at a medieval re-enactment and permission has been given for me to go tin rattling at an event in Windsor, 28-29th June.

Never collected before and I was wondering if there were any regs I had to adhere to?

I was going to collect for the arrse funds but I thought H4H would be more widely known and therefore more likely to get a response.

Any tips gratefully received.

Vez

Adding just read your post again.
I'm assuming a Licence has been granted for Windsor.
For the Medieval event, permission from the event organiser is a given & I would again apply for a licence as you will have members of the public there.
Quite often people think that because a collection is taking place on private property there is no need for the licence but all the large supermarket chains insist on one for collections at their stores. Because the collections take place on private property there is not the same problem of clashing dates which the local authority take into consideration.
If I was you I'd ring the licencing officer and ask advice

veritas said:
Hi,

I was going to collect for the arrse funds but I thought H4H would be more widely known and therefore more likely to get a response.

Any tips gratefully received.

Vez

Not sure on legal issues so contact H4H at Tidworth - they have official collection buckets. If you go to the FAQ on their web site you can also find their county rep.

Ive read the blurb on the H4H site and they suggest I may not need one as the event is on private property. Ive sent tham an email any way, also asking for tins / wristbands.

Free Range Farm,
Oakley Green Rd
Fifield, Near Windsor,
Berkshire
SL4 4GW

However, now I have the full adress I will find out which council covers that place and give tham a ring.

Further... Council has details, going to look into it and ring me back with answers.

Well its all sorted. No licence needed and all my collection tins & wrist bands arrived saturday.

I'll be collecting at this event

linky

28-29th June near Windsor.