Advice on call-up for surgeon

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by GreenDoc, May 10, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. As a qualifed consultant surgeon, I would like to volunteer for call up on Op TELIC. I am not concerned about the pay - I would be happy to accept my military equivalent (Major) or NHS salary and will not request any extra for private practice, etc. BUT what I need is to speak to someone on the phone and agree dates with definite call up. Two of my colleagues have volunteered through the 'normal' channels and been told they would definitely be called up, only to be stood down at the last minute. This has been an extreme embarrassment for them. As you can imagine, it takes some time to agree cover from colleagues for leave, NHS clinics/operating lists etc. but to then be told the week before that 'services are no longer required' makes a mockery of the whole system and undermines the goodwill colleagues normally show towards TA commitments.

    I am an RMO and am therefore currently out of the loop for AMS TA postings. Can anyone forward me the name and civilian number of someone at HQ who could deal personally with my request for call up?
  2. You just bodged an op and anxious to get out?
    Or is it a nurse? :wink:
  3. Ventress

    Ventress LE Moderator

    Contact the RHQ in your Unit...............? Ring 2 Med Bde? Ring HQ Land Med Branch?
  4. Speak to the Consultant Adviser in your speciality?