Advice on buying my first rifle

napier

LE
Kit Reviewer
I have recently joined a local gun club and am applying for my FAC. I want a cheap military bolt action rifle and have been looking at Lee Enfields in .303" or 7.62mm. I have been on the internet to look at what's for sale, but haven't seen a great deal. What is the best combination in terms of availability, reliability, parts, ammunition and low cost? Where is the best source of listings? Does anyone have a cheap rifle that they want to get rid of?

Thanks

Military shooting is not my thing , but ammunition is somthing I allways concider when buying a new rifle , 303, mmmmmmmmm going to be expensive me thinks compared to 7.62 which is a mil round still comercially available. I would base my buy on this.

ugly

LE
Napier .303 is plentyful and with Privi and FNM producing you will always have lots, I can let you have some if you need. PM 4T as he may be able to help with a nice rifle, I'd recommend a No4 as it was the peak of efficiency and no nonsense in British service rifles!

ugly

LE
Several but it all depends on what you are interested in, I'm in the HBSA at Lambeth! Shoots once a month as a minimum at Bisley as well as other places! Regular monthly meetings, good vfm for £40 per year!

napier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Ug,
Thanks very much. 4T has already PMd me!
Napier