Advice needed.

I am 32 and I’m the process of starting again. My wife has left with two children and I cannot afford to carry on as things are. I’m already working 70 hours a week and have no family (parents etc at all).

Is 32 a realistic age to join up as a regular and if so... for those of you with family, how do I approach my ex about not being at her beck and call anymore ( she seems to think that my work rest days are there for her benefit).

My family has a long service record between the army and Royal Household and I missed my chance when I was 18 to fulfil my dream.

I have posted here before but as I get closer to signing the dotted line, I realise that giving up my job and rented home is a big commitment.

Best wishes. James.

James, go for it, get yourself a career and mates that will help you out through thick & thin.
Don't tell the evil ex wife anything about your new life, with any luck she shack up with a wife beater.

Get on with your application, get fit for it, do phase 1 and crack on with the army & enjoy it.

The Army is your oyster and go to which ever regiment or corps you wish to, good luck

James, go for it, get yourself a career and mates that will help you out through thick & thin.
Don't tell the evil ex wife anything about your new life, with any luck she shack up with a wife beater.

Get on with your application, get fit for it, do phase 1 and crack on with the army & enjoy it.

The Army is your oyster and go to which ever regiment or corps you wish to, good luck
What he said. ^

I've known a few blokes who's ex has used them as a cashpoint and child minder only to be used at her behest.

Live your life on your own terms, be a father to the kids but not dancing to the ex's tune.
You have some hard choices ahead but it will be ultimately worth it.

Good luck in your career.

If you’re fit and healthy being 32 shouldn’t be a problem, your biggest problem is going to be going through phase 1 training where the majority will be youngsters with little life experience. You may feel the process frustrating and to some extent demeaning in. Just grind through it, be the grey person.

Have you thought about what trade/role you wish to do?

Thanks all for the advice. Well my family have served in the Coldstreamers and the household cavalry, although as India try roles I’m not sure if the infantry training in Catterick would help my arguments with my ex.

Pull those splinters out of your arse and pull yourself together MAN!! Get yourself in before it's too late. You can pick up the slack with the ex once you've completed your training and got yourself re-stabilised.

Live to regret the things you did, not the things you didn't do...

Latest Threads