Advice needed.

Discussion in 'The Other Half' started by ChezVegas, Mar 4, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Obviously I am aware of naming names/regiments what ever, but I am a bit concerned about about a friend who is in the Army. My Dad has been out too long to have any useable advice. Am torn between keeping my nose out and feeling that someone needs to help my friend out.
    I also can't for obvious reasons go into too much detail in the forums as some of it might identify him and I don't want to cause further problems if someone he knows reads what I am concerned about.
    Would someone in the know about the welfare side of things pm me and advise to leave alone or what I could do to help.

Thanks in advance if anyone can help.

2. That would depend upon what your concerns are. If you have noticed anything "wrong" with a friend of yours you can bet your shed that someone serving with them has seen it. Unless you are a preggie bird in the RLC.

3. You could contact their welfare office and have a chat with them to see if they can help you out

STILTS

4. The thing is I don't want to get him in more trouble than he already is, so am not sure if my help is the best thing. Plus I dont actually even know the regiment he is in, only where he is based.

5. Your help is not the best thing, just tell him that you know about the problem. If you were to contact any unit that I was responsible I would tell you to **** off and stop causing trouble.
    I did just that one night as duty officer.

6. Thanks for your reply, some of the guys in his unit are on his Facebook so I guess they are aware as the thing that is causing (the most) concern is his profile picture. However he is Awol and deleting anyone who comments about the thing he has done and ignoring my calls so will leave it as obviously he doesn't think he has a problem and just be there when he is ready.
    The last thing I would want to do is cause more problems for him.

7. Where is he based?

8. He's AWOL?

You can't cause anymore problems for him.

He's already done that without your help.

Now...........What is this 'thing' that he's done?

9. I'd rather not say in the forum, like I said if any of his Facebook friends are on here they will know who I am on about.
    It's something that seems pretty extreme and from looking up things on this site, he would not have got in if he had done it before he joined.

10. I don't understand what you want then?

11. ChezVegas,

Sounds like your friend is trying to ignore the problem. PM me and i'll give you some advice.

12. I also have many problems that I can't possibly comment on. Can anyone help, give me a hug / blow job?

Seriously though, I do have issues