advice needed

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by davethedog, Feb 21, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. :oops: hi,all need advice onnhow to make a good yorkshire pudding tried a few times turned out flat as a pancake :oops: after gobbing off to the misses ,now haveing to eat humble pie lol :D
  2. Its dead easy, make a good batter mix, put the baking tray, greased with good quality lard , I use the Polish Schmaltz type of pure dripping , into the top of your oven 425degrees F Gas mark7 until smoking hot, then strain the batter into the baking tray and bake for 35-40 mins, funny enough I put a tray in about 30 mins ago to go with the pot- roasted brisket I am doing for lunch
  3. I always put an extra egg white into my batter and they rise up lovely.
  4. My method seems to have had 100% success rate
    Equal quantities of egg flour milk i.e. cup full, pinch salt & pepper. Take flour pour in bowl, add eggs 1 at a time and whisk, then add milk gradually to avoid lumps. Add salt & pepper. Leave to stand for 30mins.
    220'C oven get fat/oil in tray and put in oven without batter and heat up until it just starts to smoke.
    Batter should sizzle when you pour it in. Chuck in oven and watch as the huggest yorkie puds grow uncontrolably!
  5. Beat me to it Jarrod, still as a Yorkshireman twas understandable!

P.S. am i right in saying the failed Yorkie puds are called Lancashire puds. or is that just B/S?
  6. I use beer in my yorkys and also somtimes sprinkle mixed herbs into the batter mix
  7. thanks all will try asap
  8. many thanks all , they turned out perfect i am now the kids hero when it comes to yorkies :D