Advice needed

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by sawdogxix, Oct 23, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've been working on a mate's dad's pc and need some advice. He had an installation of XP that wasn't genuine but it had loads of doc's, photo's, and a Lotus organiser on it. I've created a partition with a legit copy of XP and have moved some of the files that he wanted saving onto it, however he doesn't have half of the program installation discs that he needs for the often obscure/obsolete files and periperals that he wants to use. Is there a way (a program) of copying all his files and settings etc onto the legit installation in an easy and quick manner, thanks.
  2. msr

msr LE

You have done this the wrong way:

You should have just 'legitimised' his current install. Assuming that all his other programs are legit too...

3. Thanks msr, i'll crack on with the suggestions from the link, I thought a new install would be the easiest option but it wasn't until later that I found out there were problems with his other programs, thanks again!
  4. msr

msr LE

The 'problems' being that they are not legit either?
  5. Been running non legit XP pro for 4 years on my PC with no problems, apart from Genuine Adavantage notice every time it boots up?
  6. msr

msr LE

Well done for being the internet d**khead of the day.

Any other criminal activity you would like to share with the rest of the world?

7. No, they are legit, but there are broken links, cd cases with nothing in them, deleted parts of files etc-he has got a genuine copy of windows which went to someone 4-5 years ago so that they could install it (on his own pc) but came back minus the 25 digit key, there was 5gig of junk files etc and a very slow running machine.
  8. Yep my office 2007 is hooky as well, oh my autocad came from Hong Kong with a badly scanned front pic, and doesn't need an unlock code.