Advice Needed. Travelling to Portugal next week

TheGrinch

Clanker
Morning All and thanks in advance. My wife and I are going to Portugal next week. UK Gov website directs you to Travel Portugal. That site states that you need an Antigen test before travel, unless you have an EU vaccine passport, OR have a pass issued by a county with a reciprocal agreement. No list of these countries.
Tried emailing Consulate in Manchester and Consulate General in London. No response.
All very confusing online. Has anyone entered Mainland Portugal in the last week or so. Was the NHS COVID password acceptable?

Attachments

• A12AE9AA-F3D0-41FF-85FC-473244F72E1F.png
    A12AE9AA-F3D0-41FF-85FC-473244F72E1F.png
    464 KB · Views: 7

Army mama

On ROPS
On ROPs
Hi grinch. We were in Lisbon for a long weekend in September. Unless it’s changed in the last a few weeks mainland Portugal doesn’t accept the NHS Covid pass as proof of vaccination. We had to produce a neg result from a PCR than needed to be less than 72 hours before you land. Or the alternative was “an approved” lateral flow test within 48 hours. In others words an expensive private test. You’ll also have your temp taken on arrival and be required to complete a passenger locator card. If you have any kids under 11 with you they are except. DM me if you need anything else x

Army mama

On ROPS
On ROPs
Thanks thought as much. Just wondered if that had changed in the last few weeks.
I doubt it. For what it is worth we had a great time, most restaurants have outdoor seating and you only wear a mask when away from your table. I hope you guys have a lovely time

964ST

LE
The gov.uk website is pretty clear

Entering mainland Portugal​

Before you travel to mainland Portugal​

NHS COVID Pass holders, who do not also have an EU digital COVID certificate, must

• take a COVID-19 test to enter Portugal (children up to the age of 11 are exempt)
  • this can be an antigen test taken within 48 hours of departure, or a RT-PCR test taken within 72 hours of departure. If you have an antigen test, make sure it meets the standards set out in the EU common list of Rapid Antigen Tests
  • check your test result identifies the type of test taken and gives your name, date of birth, the date and time the sample was collected and the date of the result
  • you should not use the NHS testing service to get a test in order to facilitate your travel to another country. You should arrange to take a private test
  • complete an online passenger locator card
If you have an EU digital COVID vaccination certificate showing you have been fully vaccinated with an EU approved COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days before you travel, or an EU COVID recovery certificate showing you have recovered from COVID-19 no less than 11 days and no more than 180 days of when you are due to travel:

• you do not need to have a COVID-19 test to enter Portugal. Be prepared to show a digital or paper copy of your COVID vaccination or recovery certificate when you check-in for your flight, and
  • complete an online passenger locator card

On arrival in mainland Portugal​

You will be subject to health screening on arrival. If your temperature is 38ºC or over or you show signs of being unwell, you may be required to take a COVID-19 test and remain at the airport until you receive your test result.

If you are travelling from the UK or another non-EU/EEA country, you may be asked to show your negative COVID-19 test result and/or your COVID-19 vaccination certificate at border control.

Latest Threads