Advice needed regarding filter.

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Joe_Private, Feb 3, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm not sure if this is in the right forum, so Mods please move if necessary. I have noticed a problem with an air filter and am not sure what the best course of action is. It appears to be full of shit, with the knock-on effect of there being a constant dribble of shit coming from it.

Can anyone suggest what should be done? (Sensible answers only, cheers.)
  2. Firstly. Air filters - dont get your mates to shit in them when your not there.

Secondly. Go and buy another one you tight cunt.

Thirdly. What you write is fucking drivel.......Do you know what type of air filter it is for your Honda melody moped?

Fourth. Its in the NAAFI - read the rules - you wont get a sensible answer.......
    • Like Like x 1
  3. HHH

HHH LE

I'm on my phone so no "like" button so have a typed "like"

Sent from my iPhone using my ARRSE
  4. If you haven't got something constructive to say, perhaps you should say nothing. And I'm preserving your post for posterity for when the penny finally drops
  5. Maybe if you had of posted something in this in Cars, Bikes 'n AFVs forum, you would have got a sensible answer.

Instead of relying on Mod's to to do your dirty work for you.......

I bet your like that at you unit, not sure what to do, so i'll palm it off to some other fucker to do..... I bet your popular....about as much as bollock cancer....
    • Like Like x 1
  6. I really don't think I'll get the answers I'm looking for in the Cars Bikes & AFVs forum, but cheers for your dits.
  7. I know the one you mean, its operation is characterised by a deafening whining noise. It's a QC failure on the manufacturer's behalf, the filter has been full of shit since it was removed from its packaging. Since returning it forcibly to its Maker is impossible (although highly desirable) it's very much an inanimate object, and can therefore be ignored.
    • Like Like x 2
  8. HHH

HHH LE

Maybe you should try the Sports Forum, I'm sure I seen something in there regarding gearRods and Flywheels.

Sent from my iPhone using my ARRSE
  9. Do you think that if it is choked, I could send it back to The Maker?
  10. You'd need to use plenty of throttle, but I don't see why not. I fancy ripping its top chamber off and throwing it in a smelter, or lashing a Hayrick charge across its inlet, and reducing it to its component parts. Whilst laughing.

Let's hope that its Maker has stopped producing this design altogether, since it's clearly flawed beyond redemption.
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Could I drill into the head and flush it out with Trike or something?
  12. The fucking hours must flyby in your house..........
    • Like Like x 2
  13. You could smash it to a pulp with a sledgehammer. Very therapeutic, I'm told. Or pour petrol into it and light it. If you got the fuel-air mix right, you could blow the top off it.
  14. Make sure to mix the petrol with some dishwashing liquid first.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. I'd suggest screwing a pump on its nipples and filling it with carborundum grease or boiled linseed oil, and watching it seize up. But it's got no working parts. It's almost inert, but sadly not entirely so.