Advice needed on re-mounting medals

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by brewmeister, Jun 25, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. [​IMG]

The picture shows my grandfather's medals. As you can see the ribbons are a wee bit worn out and I want to get them re-mounted. The WW2 victory medal has come off the bar and the British War Medal is badly frayed at the top. The question is should I?

Edited to add, apologies for size of pic. Trying to fix it but imageshack has crashed!

Hopefully that's done it!

2. msr

msr LE

Iraq and Afghanistan, the first time they were popular!

msr

3. I used this company to mount mine and my grandads medals. new ribbons, court mounted and plated to stop discolouring and framed. Expensive but worth every penny in my opinion.
    AJ

www.cjmedals.co.uk

4. A cracking group. They are looking rather tired, though there are some collectors who like that 'look'. I personally think they could do with a little TLC.

5. Yes, they are looking rather tired aren't they? Definately not for sale though. They'll come to me, then to my son and hopefully to his. I just don't think that family history should be sold.

msr. I remember him saying they were pretty unpleasant. Nothing new there then, hey?