Advice needed on 2nd interview at Chicksands

Discussion in 'Int Corps' started by Goebbels, Sep 16, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello,

Im hoping to get into the Int Corps and have my ADSC in just over a week at Lichfield. I am also told that I have another interview in Chicksands.

Can anyone tell me how I can prepare for my visit to Chicksands?

Any advice is most appreciated.
  2. Easy on the slap (touch of lippy OK), stockings not tights, skirt just over the knee. Unless you're a girl.

Call the interviewer "darling" or "Your Grace" and be sure to conduct at least half of the conversation in either Pushtu, Farsi or Arabic. Make sure to ask him/her why you should consent to join the Corps. Be sure also to ask about the Special Salary Supplement which the Corps receives - it's not on the website as it would only make the rest of the Army jealous.

Seriously, go along, be yourself. Have a read of some quality papers (note, these are the ones it is inconvenient to read on the lavatory on account of their size) for at least the week before so you come across as vaguely well-informed. The best of luck, the interviewer knows what he's looking for and what he wants to find out, all you can do is show him yourself "as is" and let him make his own determination.
  3. Glad, I did not realise you had done a tour with Y Troop as well :!:
  4. Early on, before they went all butch.
  5. ...And don't forget to smear yourself with the juice of a few over-ripe'll fit right in!
  6. Or just don't tip up. It's crap...
  7. Hi, New to this so ill be brief. Just finished My class 1 VMB course (REME) and I have just recieved my posting to chicksands HQ Intelligence corp. Just wondere if anyone has any info on what ill be doing, Tours, exersises etc. Cheers for the help, Andy.
  8. Is that Y as in "Why the feck am I doing this?".
  9. The first rule of Y is....
  10. I'm not in the REME, but I guess servicing vehicles might occupy a lot of your time..........

You can always pre-read before you arrive, do Haynes do an Aston Martin manual?
  11. :lol: :lol: :lol: