Advice needed- Im on the scrounge!

Discussion in 'RLC' started by BreechCreature, Jul 6, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I need to scrounge a couple of DROPS MMLC's for 10 days. TMP Warminster have fcuked me off (so much for WFM!) but I've heard there may be a TA Tpt Sqn in Bristol.

Is this correct or am I pissing into the wind once again? Your help would be greatly appreciated gents/ladies!

BC

2. TMP has feck all to do with WFM!!!

WFM needs a 90 day lead time. DROPS are in short supply and most units are hesitant to dish them out.

Good luck!!!

3. Cheers Strima; oh to have the luxury of 90 days notice!

4. and ass far as im sure the TA base in Bristol is a Sig Unit. 21 Sigs I believe.

5. Cow

Cow LE

21 Sig Regt is in Bath, def no Drops!

6. 9 Supply just outside Chippenham have a few - usually broke though!

Edited to add - think your nearest TA RLC to Bristol is the Welsh Tpt Regt

7. Theres a TA unit up in Clifton, in Bristol, no idea what Cap badge it is though

8. brettarider

brettarider On ROPs

Tried the RE down there? We had a couple of them on my UBRE cse and they had DROPS might be worth ago

9. 9 Supply is struggling for DROPS at the minute so the chances are very slim!!!

10. Try lookingHERE.

Good LucK!

11. I can see the headline now:

"Senior army officers (usually meaning anyone above the rank of L/Cpl) forced to scrounge vital military vehicles on the internet."

Maybe THAT would shame those w@nkers in Whitehall into equipping the forces properly, and sacking off the abortion that is Whole Fleet Management.

12. Many thanks for your input fellas; negotiations are ongoing!

13. I've got tons here mate, what would you like?
    pear drops, cherry drops???? You name it, I've got it.

made me laugh anyway.
    good luck.

14. Try Grantham or even TA Transport!! may even supply the drivers

15. dont know about drops but if you need a sex change the chances are very high. good luck looking tho