Advice needed - decent external speakers for a new iMac

Discussion in 'Hardware - PCs, Consoles, Gadgets' started by baldbof, Jun 17, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Being a total biff when it comes to computers, could any of you worthy folks give me some advice/suggestions on suitable external speakers for my new iMac? I've a budget of upto £200 for them. I've looked at various sites but there's so much techno-babble it may as we'll be written in Chinese. Replies in simple English (the simpler the better) would be very much appreciated. Ta muchly.
  2. Choose from these badgers.

Computer Speakers | Bose

I have a set of these which compliment my iMac. A bit pricey but definitely worth the cost.
  3. Thanks for that link. They certainly look the biz and well worth a closer look. Cheers.
  4. If you're using an imac then may I presume that you have an ipod?
    How about a Bose portable sound dock? Docking station for the ipod which folds away when you want if say you're using the rear 3.5mm aux input. Also battery powered and incredible sound.
    Should come in under your budget.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
  5. Second the bose ones, my kids have them in their rooms and are amazing for sound quality
  6. Bose soundlink wireless speakers, superb quality, connects by bluetooth to your computer and will give up to 8 hours play from one charge.

about £250
  7. skid2

skid2 LE Book Reviewer

Holy thread resurrection Batman.
    Any recommendations?
  8. Speakers or monitors ?
  9. skid2

skid2 LE Book Reviewer

10. I've got one of these, the sound is incredible:

It was $50 on special. Still worth full price though.
  11. Dunno WTF is going on with that post, I posted the Amazon link to the Harmon Kardon Onyx Studio. Looks like some clever stuff that turns Amazon links into media is broke.
  12. skid2

skid2 LE Book Reviewer