advice joining 7 rifles

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by 0mallh50, Dec 12, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Basically I want to join 7 rifles in Mayfair and I wanna know the fitness standards for it. I was in 4 PARA for about a month but then jacked coz my fitness wasn't good enough. My 1.5 mile run time going in was 9.37 and I was one of the least fit blokes there. I've been out for a few months now but last time i checked my run time was 9.20. I don't want my fitness to be an issue this time basically so what is the 1.5 mile run time supposed to be at the end of training for a rifleman?

Cheers

2. RP578

RP578 LE Book Reviewer

Under 10min 30secs

3. should be alright then... thanks mate

4. an inability to pack kit and not talk to anyone else from any other companies in 7 rifles helps :)

5. Why not go back to 4 PARA?

6. Resistance Is Futile...

7. So if you jacked 4Para why would 7 Rifles want you?
    OK i know the TA, sorry Army Reserve are on the look out for young thrusters to join, but a failed 1 month Para?

8. Fixed

9. Oh well, as the old saying goes, if you cant hack it.....

10. You are dreamer..if you made 4P you should have stuck at it -

11. I don't know much about the TA but I can't imagine they'd want you if you jacked 4 para after 8 days of training. If I were you, I'd give myself an attitude adjustment, put in some hours in the gym, and have another crack at 4 para. They'll respect you for it a lot more than 7 rifles will when they learn you jacked, and you'll respect yourself for it.

If you're running 9.20 and can carry a bit of weight, you're no more than a couple of months from the required standard anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  12. You should give 4 Para another crack. Don't jack, give what you got because you'll improve over time. If they don't want you then they will tell you when to go.
    One month is NOT enough time to assess your capability or get fitter. 2 weekends you did??? Its supposed to be hard but you need to adopt the attitude of "ill stick it out".
    One more thing to consider, theres more to soldering than being fit. Anyone can train to be fit but not everyone has what it takes to be a soldier.
    Give it another go and if they sack you off then you didn't quit, you gave it your all.

13. Not at all - we get a fair few guys coming across once they found out that the Parachutists are not for them. Not an issue from our PoV.

We even got some gwars a little while ago and now have that tick in the E&D box.

• Like Like x 2