Advice for would be Hunt Sabs

I hunt and I fish. What I catch I kill for the pot.

Personally I would like to hunt those hunt saboteurs, with THAT Rifle.
The grimy self righteous weird vegan cnuts.
I would pay to go on a trip to hunt poachers in Africa.

Killing rhino's, or elephant's to keep some chogie witch doctor, or ornament maker in business is worthy of death.

Same with the knobs who go bear hunting over here, they don't eat them, they just kill them for sport. It gets awkward on the range when I'm asked if I hunt and I reply, "no, I don't hunt animals, only people".

So then how do you propose to keep fox numbers down. It's about land management , the hunt is a part of that. There's a bigger picture too look at , unfortunately townie types just see the hunt and think that that's it. No ******* idea about the overall picture yet happy to stick their noses in where they aren't wanted.
All the arguments for fox hunting, demolished

Pretty interesting article where both sides agrees that the traditional riding hunt isn't about pest control. I grew up in the sticks so have seen first hand the damage foxes can do, but putting on fancy dress and chasing them through the countryside on horseback isn't a very efficient way to deal with them. If the aim was really to control the fox population the hunt would be out and about with shotguns.

I would pay to go on a trip to hunt poachers in Africa.
I've said to the Mrs why don't these national park areas employ the services of ex soldiers . Pay them to take out the poachers, no buggering about, just execute the bastards. The message will soon get out that there are nasty blokes out there hunting the hunters.

I've said to the Mrs why don't these national park areas employ the services of ex soldiers . Pay them to take out the poachers, no buggering about, just execute the bastards. The message will soon get out that there are nasty blokes out there hunting the hunters.
I have seen articles on one or two US Veteran run charities who go over and do just that teach the locals how to patrol, shoot, etc.

while eating things you kill is fair enough
30 odd dogs and a bunch of twats of horses is just twattishness .
pointless animal cruelty is apprantly ok if your a inbred chinless wonder on horseback.
But BH, consider this: Many of those chinless wonders continue to fall off their horses and break their necks. So narrowing the gene pool of the aristocracy further, that eventually, it will no longer be viable or able to breed further. Then they will have died out.

Grow the hedgerows higher. Dig the ditches either side deeper. Many farmers can do without the damage the hunt causes in what is essentially an open-air food factory and their business.

It's an extremely inefficient form of pest control. The foxes usually get away without harm.

So then how do you propose to keep fox numbers down. It's about land management , the hunt is a part of that. There's a bigger picture too look at , unfortunately townie types just see the hunt and think that that's it. No ******* idea about the overall picture yet happy to stick their noses in where they aren't wanted.
But don't the foxes keep the number of rabbits and rats down? If you kill the foxes you'll have a bigger problem with those pests taking crops and infesting barns?

You can't have that many foxes left. The buggers are all in the London suburbs. I counted 7 in one 4 mile drive the other night.

But don't the foxes keep the number of rabbits and rats down? If you kill the foxes you'll have a bigger problem with those pests taking crops and infesting barns?

You can't have that many foxes left. The buggers are all in the London suburbs. I counted 7 in one 4 mile drive the other night.
It's swings and roundabouts tbh.

We have to keep the balance , nature cant any more because theres too many uman beanz , the only way nature could balance today would be mass human genocide , the tree huggers could start this by killing Chris Packham then themselves.

I have seen articles on one or two US Veteran run charities who go over and do just that teach the locals how to patrol, shoot, etc.
Unfortunately most poachers are also experts in tracking and anti-tracking. And they have some sophisticated kit as well. There's big money to be made.
But national parks do adopt a shoot-to-kill policy for them.

But BH, consider this: Many of those chinless wonders continue to fall off their horses and break their necks. So narrowing the gene pool of the aristocracy further, that eventually, it will no longer be viable or able to breed further. .
Yet the only 'hunt' types I know - became involved courtesy of agricultural college and are in no way rich - upper class or Tory .

I do wonder if more people had understood it wasn't simply an upper class sport would they have been so keen to ban it.

Because it does rather seem it was more about class war than animal rights.

Unfortunately most poachers are also experts in tracking and anti-tracking. And they have some sophisticated kit as well. There's big money to be made.
But national parks do adopt a shoot-to-kill policy for them.
There should be shoot to kill policy on poachers.......starting on Dartmoor.