Advice for would be Hunt Sabs

ugly

LE
I have heard stories of well-travelled sheep who spend time on Dartmoor and on non-hill farms, how this works I don't know......but the guy started out as a council tenant farmer and is now a major local landowner.
The 30k isn't per field, the so called tenant farmer probably has a mortgage. I know farmers with huge mortgages, £4m is a small farm mortgage, land is growing in value so prices wont drop in the foreseeable future.

So you don't think renewable energy firms should be subsidised by the public purse then?
No, if they were any good they wouldn't need it.

overopensights

ADC
Book Reviewer
Two points!
A few years ago hidden in a hedgerow, I flicked off a safety catch on a rifle, a fox picked it up at about fifty metres! Some hearing, that wish I had.
I heard a radio program some years ago regarding larger farms about Oxford, where it was said that some of the Farm Debts were Victorian in age? and still live.

Ja, stopping indigenii hunting/poaching in Africa is going to go down well among the trendy right onistas, likewise the Inuit in North America wibbling about their traditional right to hunt whales and polar bears. Pity they do it from helicopters and high speed boats using rifles.
No no no, they do it from sealskin boats with moose antlers....I saw it on Attenborough.

also the veg you eat creates more environmental damage than a roast joint of beef.
That part of your post is unmitigated bollocks. Around 90% of crop production worldwide is for animal feed.

That part of your post is unmitigated bollocks. Around 90% of crop production worldwide is for animal feed.
You are wrong again..... if you`d ever ventured outside of a city you`d know that animal feed which a large part of is grass (fresh/hay/silage) only receives fertiliser and no pesticides , animal feed is usually lower quality cereals , the better stuff for human consumption does receive pesticides but the biggest user of pesticides are market gardeners ( that means big farms that grow veg) .
I used to crop spray for a living , spuds were sprayed several times a year with chemicals that were that dangerous I had to wear masks and gloves that were akin to NBC suits, its the same with all veg and fruit , it all hammers the fcuk out out of the environment.
I you want environmentally friendly food eat organic meat and drink organic milk.

You are wrong again..... if you`d ever ventured outside of a city you`d know that animal feed which a large part of is grass (fresh/hay/silage) only receives fertiliser and no pesticides , animal feed is usually lower quality cereals , the better stuff for human consumption does receive pesticides but the biggest user of pesticides are market gardeners ( that means big farms that grow veg) .
I used to crop spray for a living , spuds were sprayed several times a year with chemicals that were that dangerous I had to wear masks and gloves that were akin to NBC suits, its the same with all veg and fruit , it all hammers the fcuk out out of the environment.
I you want environmentally friendly food eat organic meat and drink organic milk.
Yes you are right and the W.H.O. among others are wrong. As for lower grade cereals etc, they still use pesticides as growers don't want lower yields.

Look at the health problems in older stock men from chemicals used previously in sheep dip.

Even grass fed beef cattle get fattened up on cereals etc. before market. I spent a significant part of my childhood on a dairy farm on one of the Scottish Islands. The cows there got fed on barley and swedes* in the winter.

*edited to add, of course I called them tumshies and my uncle Jacky called them neeps.

Vast animal-feed crops to satisfy our meat needs are destroying planet

Last edited:
Have my eyes gone or is he missing the VGs on the vertical stab? Taking a chance flying without those...
Not sure about your neck of the woods, but Twotters in North America don’t usually have vg kits installed on them, Beavers yes, Twotters not so much.

Last edited:
Yes you are right and the W.H.O. among others are wrong. As for lower grade cereals etc, they still use pesticides as growers don't want lower yields.

Look at the health problems in older stock men from chemicals used previously in sheep dip.

Even grass fed beef cattle get fattened up on cereals etc. before market. I spent a significant part of my childhood on a dairy farm on one of the Scottish Islands. The cows there got fed on barley and swedes* in the winter.

*edited to add, of course I called them tumshies and my uncle Jacky called them neeps.

Vast animal-feed crops to satisfy our meat needs are destroying planet
You are a Vegan lunatic.

So called animal rights extremists aka hunt saboteurs are just toned down terrorists. They want to wear dpm with black balaclavas to hide their faces like those cowards they copy in dress, they should be treated the same......
What if the hounds were trained to hunt Sabs and not foxes.

That WOULD be entertaining

happy dry fox reclining on "Welcome" mat.
I even snuck up behind one until about 6 ft away--------just off Wimbledon common.
This fox of yours, did it look a bit like this?

Because they are stupid/lazy or have entitlement disorders and piss their benefit on TV`s , phones, cars, alcohol etc .
When I read this post a minute ago I thought; "fucks sake that makes you sound a right ****".
I've sat and thought about it and now wholeheartedly agree.
I'd be interested to see what phones that people who are using food banks have in their pockets.

And now I'm sat in my kitchen, hating everyone, seething at the world we live in. Which is actually normal for a Tuesday night.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Paddy Mayne’s Ghost The Intelligence Cell 68
S Juniors 15
W Shooting, Hunting and Fishing 5