Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Advice for up coming medical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eyup All
Am hoping to get some advice please.

I’m keen to join, and I have already been offered a position from the 1IC who is keen to have me. All that remains is the recruitment stages.

Could I ask what can be done between me and my GP and the Army in terms of avoiding the potential of a failed medical?

So I have had asthma in the past and it’s since gone for about 3 or more years now, mainly through fitness and because I am no longer smoking cigarettes... I had an Epipen as a child when the asthma was bad, I’m now 28. Any suggestions on getting a pass on my medical? I think its the Epipen on my medical record that would effect my chances.

I’m looking for suggestions to increase my chances on passing recruitment, and If I need to an appeal. Would a letter of recommendation from my GP be sufficient?

Ave also heard about getting amendments or even bits removed from the medical records though am not sure if it’s legal though?

Apparently there is a medical document from the Army, that can be filled in by the GP anyone know what it is?

Thanks.

I don't think anyone can offer you a job before you have joined

Its for a telecoms role that I already undertake in Civvie street. I will be assessed by a panel but following that and the medical it will be a job offer. From what I understood that was.

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
Eyup All
Am hoping to get some advice please.

I’m keen to join, and I have already been offered a position from the 1IC who is keen to have me. All that remains is the recruitment stages.

Could I ask what can be done between me and my GP and the Army in terms of avoiding the potential of a failed medical?

So I have had asthma in the past and it’s since gone for about 3 or more years now, mainly through fitness and because I am no longer smoking cigarettes... I had an Epipen as a child when the asthma was bad, I’m now 28. Any suggestions on getting a pass on my medical? I think its the Epipen on my medical record that would effect my chances.

I’m looking for suggestions to increase my chances on passing recruitment, and If I need to an appeal. Would a letter of recommendation from my GP be sufficient?

Ave also heard about getting amendments or even bits removed from the medical records though am not sure if it’s legal though?

Apparently there is a medical document from the Army, that can be filled in by the GP anyone know what it is?

Thanks.

Try the medical thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads