Advice for travelling from Wales to London

Discussion in 'Travel' started by Norman_the_Gunner, Apr 13, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey all, happy easter!

Im off to see Arsenal play Villarreal on Wednesday and not really sure the best way to get there.

I was thinking of driving from Haverfordwest to Bristol Temple Meads train station, then train it to London.

If anyone knows a cheaper or easier way id appreciate the advice!

2. It'd be cheaper to try and hitchhike the whole way, but not a very reliable way to travel.

3. Haha cheers, dont think the wife would be impressed with that!

4. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Hope your wife is driving so you can participate fully in the game and accompanying liquids.

5. Make sure your trip is one way.

6. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Those big metal boxes that seem to be powered by the Devil are called 'cars'. Using the term horseless carriage will open you to ridicule.

It's also not done to point at the sky when you see a 'metal bird'. It's really not witchcraft., no matter what it looks like.

7. Thanks for all the advice, cheers choc frog for making me laugh. Unfortunatly the missus cant drive yet but soon to be sorted!

Decided to drive to swindon, park up and train it in, think driving is cheaper than the train but dont wanna leave the motor in london!!

9. If you are going to drive in 'half way' and then 'train in' I would go on to Reading - there is more parking (big multistory) and there are more trains in to Paddington (or Waterloo if you go around the stopping line) - you will see a significant drop in rail ticket price from Reading as well

10. Funny I was waiting for a comment from you!
    Hows it going mate?

11. Me, or are you addressing someone else :)

12. Sorry speakin to heid

13. That was aimed at me homeworker.

Not bad mate, all the best for Wednesday.