Advice for JS applicant.

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Connor123, Jan 12, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi all,
    I recently moved back from France to join the Army (Hopefully AFC Harrogate), I went to the AFCO to apply and I got the application forms to fill in, I was just wondering, what would be better joining as, Para, CMT, or something else ? I've wanted to go infantry since I was about 5 and it's been my dream since, but I think as a CMT in 16AA I could help the lads more than as a basic squaddie if the shit hits the fan (Especially
    with all the IED's) I speak fluent French and I also have the French equivelent of GSCE's but it's pass/fail rather than the English A in Maths ,B in English etc... The recruiter said I was under-aiming as a CMT and I should choose something in the REME, Logistics, Signals, or Engineers, but I've always aspired to be the boots on the ground, on the front-line (And no, not because of yank film, or COD) and after look on the Armyjobs website and looking around, nothing else really jumps out. Also, after I choose my speciality, would I be able to transfer to something else? I know that once you become lance-corporal you can become a Pilot, but is it the same for other trades/corps? I don't want to go into something and regret not choosing the other for 10-20 years.

(Just wondering, why are CMT's held to such a low standard by most of you guys?)

Thanks for the help.
    C.

2. read the stickies :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.