Advice for a civie

#1
Hi, I'm new to all this, and am actually reasonably new as an army wife but was after some advice :?

My other half is due to go out on Op Tour for 6 months in April and I was wondering if there is anything I can get her that she would really appreciate whilst she's out there.

Is there anything you guys could suggest? Something personal that makes all the difference whilst you away from your family or something that you find really useful but is not issued by the army?

Really appreciate any (sensible) suggestions :D
 

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
#2
Skype. The other 'alf will also need a laptop and dongle type arrangement.
 
#4
Tixylicks said:
Hi, I'm new to all this, and am actually reasonably new as an army wife but was after some advice :?

My other half is due to go out on Op Tour for 6 months in April and I was wondering if there is anything I can get her that she would really appreciate whilst she's out there.

Is there anything you guys could suggest? Something personal that makes all the difference whilst you away from your family or something that you find really useful but is not issued by the army?

Really appreciate any (sensible) suggestions :D
Dirty photos of the two of you together emailed to all in her unit should go down a treat....
 
#5
Or go to the top of this page.Click on Families.This will take you to the Rear Party.
You will probably get better help and advice in there.
 
#6
I'm confused, you're an army wife and she's going out on tour?

Chili sauce!
 

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
#8
Whoopie doo - may I be the first to shout 'JOURNO SCUM!!!!!' and also let out a little 'wah' too?
 
#10
Biped said:
Whoopie doo - may I be the first to shout 'JOURNO SCUM!!!!!' and also let out a little 'wah' too?
Is it just coincidence that we get this thread and one about injuries or deaths on the trainasium from first time posters in fairly quick succession? I'll second your shout Biped.
 

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
#11
Oyibo said:
Biped said:
Whoopie doo - may I be the first to shout 'JOURNO SCUM!!!!!' and also let out a little 'wah' too?
Is it just coincidence that we get this thread and one about injuries or deaths on the trainasium from first time posters in fairly quick succession? I'll second your shout Biped.
If it is a WAH or journo why are all the neanderthals playing up to it?

Why not consider what a soldier going on HERRICK may want or may find useful and post accordingly. If it is a WAH or a 'journo' there will be no story.
 
#12
I sent this stuff out as Christmas presents in 2007. (Was in a bit of a life crisis last Christmas so didn't get any more sent off - same this year too :x )

Anyway it was all well received and might give you some ideas, this note was for the CQMS to aid in distribution.

The following items have been packed in plastic snap-lid waterproof boxes.
"Boxes ""A-B-C-T"" are wrapped in twos with the box types indicated on the label."
"Boxes ""D"" are wrapped individually"
This list is provided to aid you in the distribution of boxes.

Box Item Qty
A
Herbs/Spices/Salt/Pepper Canisters 9
OXO cubes 6
Stock/Soup Cubes 5
Boiled Sweets / Mints (Variety) Approx 130G
Milk powder In Ziplock bag 1
Tea bags Approx 30
B
Playing cards and or dice 1
Cable ties 8
Insulating tape 1
Thread 2
Strong thread 2
Darning thread 1
Velcro 500mm
Elastic 1.5m
Buttons approx 8
Safety pins approx 3
Darning needle 1
Small needles 2
Leather / canvas needles 3
Cigarette papers 4 pks
Craft knife 1
Superglue 1-2
Waterproof notebook 2
Pencils 2-3
Chinagraphs 2
Tea bags Approx 20
Milk powder In Ziplock bag 2
C
Soap 2
Toothbrush 2
Lip salve 2
Nailbrush 1
plasters approx 20
Towelling bag 2
Nail clippers (Average per four boxes) 1
D
Christmas Pudding 2
Instant custard 3
Either:
tea bags 20-30
Milk powder In Ziplock bag 2-3
Or:
Christmas Cards Varies
T
Teabags Approx 40
Milk powder In Ziplock bag 3-4



No Of Boxes
Type Qty
A 12
B 10
C 15
D 5
T 1
TOTAL PKTS 43
Sorry about the formatting.


(Edited for clarity)
 

TheIronDuke

On ROPS
On ROPs
Book Reviewer
#13
Tixylicks said:
new as an army wife

My other half

is anything I can get her
Lazy journalism and worse, a lazy troll.

Throw a dinner party, chuck in some free wine and Ching, then see if your smart chums can come up with a better plan?

Other than that, send a fucking dildo. It'll come in handy for braying Camel Spiders in the night.

Hope this helps 'Tixylicks'?

xxx
 

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
#14
I've been PM'd by another user, who's told me off good and proper as he says it's not a wah, and it was his wife asking the question before he went away.

I have apologised profusely.

There ya go.
 
#15
Biped said:
I've been PM'd by another user, who's told me off good and proper as he says it's not a wah, and it was his wife asking the question before he went away.

I have apologised profusely.

There ya go.
The PM poster is a little confused perhaps - "he" is supposed to be a "she"....
 
#16
Tixylicks said:
Hi, I'm new to all this, and am actually reasonably new as an army wife but was after some advice :?

My other half is due to go out on Op Tour for 6 months in April and I was wondering if there is anything I can get her that she would really appreciate whilst she's out there.

Is there anything you guys could suggest? Something personal that makes all the difference whilst you away from your family or something that you find really useful but is not issued by the army?

Really appreciate any (sensible) suggestions :D
shag the rear party
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E ARRSE: Site Issues 24
B Int Corps 60
Ventress REME 8

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top