Advice for a civie

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Tixylicks, Nov 2, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi, I'm new to all this, and am actually reasonably new as an army wife but was after some advice :?

My other half is due to go out on Op Tour for 6 months in April and I was wondering if there is anything I can get her that she would really appreciate whilst she's out there.

Is there anything you guys could suggest? Something personal that makes all the difference whilst you away from your family or something that you find really useful but is not issued by the army?

Really appreciate any (sensible) suggestions :D
  2. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Skype. The other 'alf will also need a laptop and dongle type arrangement.
  3. You want sensible? I'm out.
  4. Dirty photos of the two of you together emailed to all in her unit should go down a treat....
  5. Or go to the top of this page.Click on Families.This will take you to the Rear Party.
    You will probably get better help and advice in there.
  6. I'm confused, you're an army wife and she's going out on tour?

Chili sauce!
  7. I think they are in a civil partnership!
  8. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Whoopie doo - may I be the first to shout 'JOURNO SCUM!!!!!' and also let out a little 'wah' too?
  9. A vibrator, preferably big and black.
  10. Is it just coincidence that we get this thread and one about injuries or deaths on the trainasium from first time posters in fairly quick succession? I'll second your shout Biped.
  11. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

If it is a WAH or journo why are all the neanderthals playing up to it?

Why not consider what a soldier going on HERRICK may want or may find useful and post accordingly. If it is a WAH or a 'journo' there will be no story.
  12. I sent this stuff out as Christmas presents in 2007. (Was in a bit of a life crisis last Christmas so didn't get any more sent off - same this year too :x )

Anyway it was all well received and might give you some ideas, this note was for the CQMS to aid in distribution.

Sorry about the formatting.

(Edited for clarity)
  13. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Lazy journalism and worse, a lazy troll.

Throw a dinner party, chuck in some free wine and Ching, then see if your smart chums can come up with a better plan?

Other than that, send a fucking dildo. It'll come in handy for braying Camel Spiders in the night.

Hope this helps 'Tixylicks'?

14. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

I've been PM'd by another user, who's told me off good and proper as he says it's not a wah, and it was his wife asking the question before he went away.

I have apologised profusely.

There ya go.
  15. The PM poster is a little confused perhaps - "he" is supposed to be a "she"....