Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Advice advice advice!!

Cam_Ron

Swinger
Hopefully this all makes sense to all.

Basically I have been at my unit for around 3 years now. I’ve had no discipline issues and I am a regular when it comes to getting picked for things.
I’ve had personal issues and it’s effected my work life and being from the north of England and my unit being in the south has just made things even harder. I went to the doctors and was on anti depressants for a few months. Things got that bad I ended up being downgraded at home on p0 and was under wismis care.
After being on wismis for 6 months I then went onto a foundation course and are now waiting for a PRO after been allocated a PRU closer to home. I am no longer apart of my regiment but had a last visit 2 weeks ago from someone from the regiment to give me some paperwork. The paperwork was an appendix 18 and most of it was about the regiment slagging me off and it looks like they are trying to get me admin discharged and also mentioned I can not go back to that regiment under any circumstances. I didn’t sign it as it was all false.

Question is how effective is the PRO and PRU.. I DO want to stay in the ARMY without a doubt and probably serve as Long as I can but after having received the paperwork from my old unit what are the chances of me staying? And probably move to another unit once deemed fully fit also I have not received a medboard.

Being realistic I wouldn't hold my breath when it comes to staying in the army after getting depressed because you can't live where you want (because that's the basics of your post if you're honest).

Appendix 18 is the base of any decision to be made about your potential for becoming an asset to your unit or, failing that, the potential for you to offer something worthwhile to another unit so you can be kept in.

You will have had a Med Board, there is no need for you to attend at this point.

Being realistic I wouldn't hold my breath when it comes to staying in the army after getting depressed because you can't live where you want (because that's the basics of your post if you're honest).

Appendix 18 is the base of any decision to be made about your potential for becoming an asset to your unit or, failing that, the potential for you to offer something worthwhile to another unit so you can be kept in.

You will have had a Med Board, there is no need for you to attend at this point.

Is there anyone I can speak to regarding the outcome of the medboard before attending? Also half of what the unit wrote about me is false

Read this link:

https://assets.publishing.service.g...ploads/attachment_data/file/436803/PAP_10.pdf

And remember, what the unit wrote in the appendix is correct and accurate as far as they are concerned. If you think it is wrong you need to be able to prove it. It is interesting though that you now say only half of what they wrote is wrong!

But if I want to stay surely they will give me some leeweight I will just have to wait to see what PRO says and tell him I want to go on a GRoW programme also if I do get admin discharged/pap10 can I reapply for army at later date

Is there anyone I can speak to regarding the outcome of the medboard before attending? Also half of what the unit wrote about me is false
If it was me I’d be speaking to my Senior Medical Officer, the Padre and anyone in the unit Welfare chain. What that would achieve I don’t know. Remember that people will be negative as you’ve just had months off on full pay in a recruiting and retention crisis, though this could work to your advantage if you want to stay in.

But if I want to stay surely they will give me some leeweight I will just have to wait to see what PRO says and tell him I want to go on a GRoW programme also if I do get admin discharged/pap10 can I reapply for army at later date
At the risk of being overly negative, not only do you want to be able to pick where you serve, you now want to pick what you do and what courses you attend. If you wish to ever be employable, in the army or the civilian world, you need to take a quick dose of reality.

Re-joining post discharge would depend heavily on what paragraph of QRs is used as the reason for your potential discharge.

And as for the comments by @Kroneit44 the SMO, Padre and UWO will already have been in meetings where your medical state will have been discussed. Do you really expect to get any favourable answers from any of them? He's correct that people in your unit will have a negative view of you and your behaviour, unfortunately these people could well have had input on your app 18.

At the risk of being overly negative, not only do you want to be able to pick where you serve, you now want to pick what you do and what courses you attend. If you wish to ever be employable, in the army or the civilian world, you need to take a quick dose of reality.

Re-joining post discharge would depend heavily on what paragraph of QRs is used as the reason for your potential discharge.

And as for the comments by @Kroneit44 the SMO, Padre and UWO will already have been in meetings where your medical state will have been discussed. Do you really expect to get any favourable answers from any of them? He's correct that people in your unit will have a negative view of you and your behaviour, unfortunately these people could well have had input on your app 18.

In the meantime is there anything I can to to prevent anything? I’m expecting calls from my PRO in the new year

where does
He say what courses he wants to attend?

In the meantime is there anything I can to to prevent anything? I’m expecting calls from my PRO in the new year

The Army has a positive view on mental health issues. You seem to be making the right noises about getting onto a GROW program. I would still talk to the SMO or Padre. I know a few people that have been through the GROW program and recently promoted. If you want it fight for it.

The Army has a positive view on mental health issues. You seem to be making the right noises about getting onto a GROW program. I would still talk to the SMO or Padre. I know a few people that have been through the GROW program and recently promoted. If you want it fight for it.

Thanks yeah I’m fine now hopefully I can get back into last thing I want is go to the med board and them already made the decision based on my old unit. But you would think they would want to retain me since I want to stay in and they have problems with retention

Thanks yeah I’m fine now hopefully I can get back into last thing I want is go to the med board and them already made the decision based on my old unit. But you would think they would want to retain me since I want to stay in and they have problems with retention
I probably depends on how much of a burden you've been, but I've seen a bad case recently progress well.