Advice about Basic At Pirbright

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by Soontobesignaller, May 9, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi Guys,
    I have been given a date 11/10/2010 (a while away because I am awaiting the birth of my son) and I was hoping to get some answers to questions I have bouncing around my head.

i) As i am going to be on training over the Christmas period do I get time off? My wife is worrying I will miss our son's first Christmas.

ii) What is the workload like? I'm obviously expecting to work hard, but is it 7 days a week, 10-12 hours a day??

iii) Is PT done daily? Again, not complaining, I would enjoy it I'm sure!

Last one... as I am joining the Royal Signals as a CSO I have six months training in Blandford. Does this mean I will be eligible for married quarters??

2. 1, Most trg depots close for the xmas period but you'll find out when you get there or a courtesy phone call might just do the job

2, Your a potential RS not Infantry soldier so work it out, mind you I'm not up to date on PH1 & PH 2 trg as much these days

3, You'll be in the army & they'll also be a training programme to adhere to so knuckle down but daily PT for RS i'm not sure but being to a MATT standard then yes & get on with it, simples.

Lastly as long as you are 'married' & there is sufficient allocated SFA available 'when' you apply then yes.

N.B try the joining up section of the forum & you'll probably get better, recent as faster replies :wink:
  3. Thank you, I'm very new to this site. :D
  4. Im Arty so cant say much about phase 2 for sigs but Pirbright, it was 6 yrs ago that I was there almost, but daily PT is a yes, weekends are worked sometimes but usually its your time for admin. That doesnt mean you get to go home, though. As a married soldier I would say dont worry, its only 3 months and you get a weekend at home. If thats too much then sack it because tours are 6 months. And more feckin dangerous.
    Phase 2...I cant speak for sigs but normally I wouldnt bother with a quarter because you usually get every weekend off, and it would be easier for your wife if she didnt have to uproot and move homes... then a few months later, do it again. Im sure she will have her fill of that f*ck about over the years.