Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Auld-Yin, Feb 21, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

For the past few weeks I have been having some problem with the advert banners. It does not happen every time but often they have dropped across posts rather than being at the bottom of the page.

This started off in the photo gallery but now occurs in many other fora. The most recent one was the "Meandering....How far can this thread be deviated"

I don't know if this is due to my 'pooter or if others have had this problem.

If there is a simple (and sensible) way to sort this I would be grateful if you could let me know.

Ta much

2. Which web browser are you using, and did you switch recently?

I've been noticing the same thing happening although similarly inconsistently, and using maybe google chrome.

If there's a particular thread that doesn't cause this problem, and one which does, or if someone notices particular adverts, I'm happy enough to try and have a crack at working out what's the cause...

... as long as its not gay military dating ads or one of the NFSW threads as I'll probably do it at work :D
  3. Auld-Yin

Thanks for the reply stapd.

I use IE and have done always. This has started in the past few weeks and as I say has affected different forum but I first noticed it in the photo gallery.
  4. I too have noticed it in a variety of threads and forums, no particular factor - although the pages with longer post lengths have it more frequently?
  5. I use IE7 and the Beneden advert has been a bit naughty and floated all up and down the posts, my answer is to his the refresh button (F5) and matter is resolved.

6. I shall shift any further responses/thoughts to that thread...
  7. Auld-Yin

Cheers Thiefy - I did a quick search but did not come up with that. I too am on IE7 not 8.

I will now shut up and get back in my box. :oops: