Adverts on ARRSE

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by BiscuitsAB, Apr 6, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

I know ARRSE is a commercial venture and that revenue streams must be maintained, however I'd be most grateful if the site owners could explain to me why my AVG safe surf monitor is currently going bat shit with warning about redirects from this site to one that hosts an exploit.

many thanks
  2. Get AdblockPlus.
  3. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

Hmm, that sounds pretty serious. Can you provide any more info about either the advert that is causing problems or the site it is trying to send you too?

Yes, that is certainly an option. Of course, if everyone did it then we'd have to take the site offline.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. It would be nice if the ads for Mature dating, russian whores and thousands of SA girls gagging to be shagged could be less alluring.
  5. Bad CO

Well you know that the ads are generated based on what google thinks you are most likely to click on? Me, I get loads for an IT helpdesk service .....

6. Intresting option considering, the amount sock puppets and faux behave threads at the mo, Sir.
  7. As a civvy no-mark, what possible connection could the great generator of ad's think I have to this one:

Attached Files:

8. Bad CO

Tinman74 - I think this sums it up nicely

• Like Like x 1
  9. Bad CO

Maybe it thinks you spend a lot of time on military themed websites so are looking to meet someone in uniform?
    • Like Like x 1
  10. I did the like thing but then I remembered it was not working.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Kthat you are teased in by the provocative picture and think, just maybe I will have a look at what's on offer. Then again be teased by pictures of ladies apparently close to you location and then offered the option to search for afore said ladies.......

Then whilst thinking maybe that hot milf that lives down the road want a good seeing too from uncle ted Bundy, your hopes are dashed, nay destroyed when you relise you have to upgrade!

I am off in my yellow beatle with a certain recreation kit in the boot, needless to say it contains black nasty!!
  12. Oooooooooh thats bitchy!
    • Like Like x 1
  13. How come the auto 'links' being generated from posts to (for example) Amazon?

I typed battle of balaclava and it self generated to Amazon

This post being a perfect example
  14. Bad CO

To be slightly pedantic. It is working but the page that shows all the ones you've had isn't .....
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Women on mature dating?
    • Like Like x 1