Advertising Fail.

Saw an advert for these yesterday. Not entirely certain that their marketing dept have thought it through!

380886011_0_640x640.jpg

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Well it got your attention and now you've advertised it on here!
So all in all they haven't done to bad a job. I wouldn't fancy it though.

Buttered nuts? Not for me thanks:slow:

Hahaha! Fair one. Though I'm not eating anything with nut butter in it!

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
My uncle was a nudist and managed to get his bollocks sun-burnt. He tried covering them in nut butter to soothe them.

He went downhill very quickly after that.

Why, my cloak. Thank you.

Sometimes it's just a question of lost in translation, Canadians don't understand the lingo over here...

Thought it was spelt "shite" :? Never mind. It's a poor choice of acronym to advertise your shit.

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
Sometimes it's just a question of lost in translation, Canadians don't understand the lingo over here...
Yeah, they do and this was a class move. His little choc firm has gone viral ballistic.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/weird-news/eat-shyte-plea-canadian-chocolate-12395920#r3z-addoor

Scots cannot keep quiet on a good thing. Nor can Geordies. When Newcastle Poly was about to change to a Uni the chosen name was City University of Newcastle upon Tyne. We were THAT CLOSE until some humorless academic pointed out the acronym.

As the intake for the media industry gets more tadpole, this sort of thing will get increasingly less amusing... but maybe not...wankers teach wankers to become even bigger wankers I suppose ( 10 years and spelling 'suppose' will be a challenge for most)

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
As the intake for the media industry gets more tadpole, this sort of thing will get increasingly less amusing... but maybe not...******* teach ******* to become even bigger ******* I suppose ( 10 years and spelling 'suppose' will be a challenge for most)
One hates to disagree but I disagree. A mate of mine* used to work in advertising and her take? The Meeja intake had its tadpoles and still does. Mostly meeja mermaids called Charlotte and mostly because Daddy is the biggest client of the agency. They are shunted into paper shuffling and despised by everybody on the earning floor. As you say, wonkers hired by wonkers.

Cue a paradigm change a couple of years ago with social media. The wonkers did OK at controlling this new environment but were unable to stop the Apaches. Shyte Chocolate is an Apache. Small, smart outfit who sussed that calling themselves Shyte Chocolate would make their brand go global. Viral. For nowt.

Taking money from bairns then charging them for it. Thats the reason my chum got into advertising in the first place.

*She is now selling the Big Issue in Scunthorpe. Her support worker has high hopes for a partial recovery.

Yeah, they do and this was a class move. His little choc firm has gone viral ballistic.

Eat Shyte plea as Canadian chocolate company goes viral with name blunder

Scots cannot keep quiet on a good thing. Nor can Geordies. When Newcastle Poly was about to change to a Uni the chosen name was City University of Newcastle upon Tyne. We were THAT CLOSE until some humorless academic pointed out the acronym.
ooo, so close... like the nearly -named Northern Ireland Police Service.

Dunno what happened to the Coventry University Netball Team

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
ooo, so close... like the nearly -named Northern Ireland Police Service.

Dunno what happened to the Coventry University Netball Team
There used to be a cafe in some Welsh shitehole called The Warm As Toast. I saw it once. Cannot find it on Google so assume it was shut down by Momentum (Trans-Gender Awareness & Diversity Div)

One hates to disagree but I disagree. A mate of mine* used to work in advertising and her take? The Meeja intake had its tadpoles and still does. Mostly meeja mermaids called Charlotte and mostly because Daddy is the biggest client of the agency. They are shunted into paper shuffling and despised by everybody on the earning floor. As you say, wonkers hired by wonkers.

Cue a paradigm change a couple of years ago with social media. The wonkers did OK at controlling this new environment but were unable to stop the Apaches. Shyte Chocolate is an Apache. Small, smart outfit who sussed that calling themselves Shyte Chocolate would make their brand go global. Viral. For nowt.

Taking money from bairns then charging them for it. Thats the reason my chum got into advertising in the first place.

*She is now selling the Big Issue in Scunthorpe. Her support worker has high hopes for a partial recovery.
Without giving too much away, a while back I had associations with WPP...that poisoned dwarf ( well, he should be poisoned but at his level of evil he'd probably drink it like I drink Toilet Duck) Martin Sorrel being the Squat Controller. My man there was a thoroughly nice person, sharper than a new pin. I also count amongst my closer friends a lovely lady who has her own agency somewhere in central Europe...does very good business and is most ethical too....so, you are quite right to disagree..I disagree with myself quite often...keeps my turnip growing !!!!

The local FE college here, until its recent merger with Bridgwater College, was called Somerset College of Arts and Technology.

All the signposts around town still have "SCAT" on them.