Adverse conditions - Personal resilience, lack of and how would you manage?

Gone2ratshat

Old-Salt
Well I guess you don't know what a spotlight is or how to do things the easy way!
No, we bide by the law , lamping deer will get your firearms confiscated and possibly jail time in the UK , the minimum legal calibre for red/roe/fallow in England is .243w .....when in season and only in daylight hours.

There are as many fat kunts over there mate is my point. A Greggs on every street corner :twisted:
Agreed there are fatties every where, in Africa is used to be a indication of wealth if you had a fat wife or wives.

Uk has Greggs .

Working in America . One day the team took me out for a great lunch , Maryland . Crab cakes, fresh , well maybe fresh fish . Fantastic. For a change …

Next day they took me to a “ eat as much as you like for $ 10 .”

It was full of people who cannot afford to eat well. The food was , well eatable but clearly full of fat and not good for the human body if eaten every day.

Problem is the poorer folk in America can only afford to eat this type of food , so they get fat.
Rich folk can buy fresh strawberries and mangos for breakfast . Poor folk can afford pop tarts or sugar cereals.

No, we bide by the law , lamping deer will get your firearms confiscated and possibly jail time in the UK , the minimum legal calibre for red/roe/fallow in England is .243w .....when in season and only in daylight hours.
Which is fine and dandy but this is the end of the world type thread, and Game and Fish will not be out and about checking tags. When one is trying to get protein it should be with a minimum effort and resources expended, to get the biggest bang out of the ordeal.

Gone2ratshat

Old-Salt
Problem is the poorer folk in America can only afford to eat this type of food , so they get fat.
Rich folk can buy fresh strawberries and mangos for breakfast . Poor folk can afford pop tarts or sugar cereals.
Have to disagree , thats a cop out for fat lazy thicko`s, you can eat healthy for less than processed shite costs , you just have to prepare it , that's the difference .

Which is fine and dandy but this is the end of the world type thread, and Game and Fish will not be out and about checking tags. When one is trying to get protein it should be with a minimum effort and resources expended, to get the biggest bang out of the ordeal.
If that’s the case and you live in the middle of nowhere, why wouldn’t you just slot a rancher and get yourself a nice black angus or two?

If that’s the case and you live in the middle of nowhere, why wouldn’t you just slot a rancher and get yourself a nice black angus or two?
Who said I wouldn't go for Angus?
But you still have to have the water to clean the meat and be able to transport as much as possible.

I hear what you are saying mate, but is that not also the problem in the UK and as I suspect, many Western countries as well. Hence places like Greggs, the chippy, the pizza shop.

Folks in the UK were quite happily munching away on all sorts of heart clogging stuff long before the first McDonald's hit the shore.

Gone2ratshat

Old-Salt
I hear what you are saying mate, but is that not also the problem in the UK and as I suspect, many Western countries as well. Hence places like Greggs, the chippy, the pizza shop.

Folks in the UK were quite happily munching away on all sorts of heart clogging stuff long before the first McDonald's hit the shore.
It all seemed to go down hill post WW2 , firstly in the U.S then a lot later the UK , I like looking at photo`s of old motorcycles as far back as they go , one thing that stands out is theres no facthunts in the pics , quite the opposite of today.

Not quite , if fact you beat us hands down . List of countries by obesity rate - Wikipedia

Gen request , anything else apart from wikipedia.

Still doesn't alter the fact that the UK is the third fattest country in Europe.
Except you are wrong, the rate of fat kunts in the US is 25% higher than in the UK

My point is that many on here go as if there are no fatties in the UK and what there is are few and far between.

Well Bollox, before covid we came back to the UK regularly and there were and are fat twunts everywhere.

Same positions as Wiki gave the US and UK for being fatfcukers, that said does the CIA have more credibility then Wiki?
1639004865478.png

Same positions as Wiki gave the US and UK for being fatfcukers, that said does the CIA have more credibility then Wiki?
They would be the same positions as the wikipedia article is a copy and paste of that data. The CIA page is cited as the source of the data.

Wikipedia is usually accurate in my experience but then I don't generally look up contentious subjects on there. If I want to find anything else I follow the citations to the original sources and make my mind up from there. The tendency to dismiss anything from wikipedia as being inaccurate and/or biased is just as naive as assuming everything on there is accurate and bias-free.

bluebells

Old-Salt
Need to add a water pump to the list.
Despite living nearly on top of a hill, Storm Barra has dropped so much rain that the water table has risen to flood the house, coming up inside the floor. (It's very old house, Bach was writing tunes when it was modernised). I have borrowed a water pump to clear the French Drain which is working. Only problem is that the pump needs to be monitored to make sure it does not run dry.

Sarastro

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

Sarastro

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Well this morning I am preparing some mule deer for the arrival of the inlaws tomorrow. I will soak the meat in coke until tomorrow night, and then I will rub it down with a cherry bbq seasoning to smoke on Friday. I hate buttermilk so I won’t use that to prepare any game meat and coke lasts longer. It’s always a decent idea to have some if you plan on eating the wild game.
View attachment 621105View attachment 621106
There is something very ******* wrong with that first picture if it's the "before" picture. Hope those brown things have been brine cured or something to be that colour.

Note the Coke idea. Is it a curing method or just a taste additive?

Followed by how many will be able to field dress an animal and then be able to skin it and process it.

It's really not that difficult to do, perhaps not very efficiently at first, but without poisoning yourself. I think most people would be surprised how easily the internal organs come out of most any mammal once you cut the two ends. I'd wager anyone with an average IQ and a How To guide could work it out. You are correct that probably more would balk at doing it by choice, but necessity will tend to take care of that.

Last edited:
Gen request , anything else apart from wikipedia.

Still doesn't alter the fact that the UK is the third fattest country in Europe.

My point is that many on here go as if there are no fatties in the UK and what there is are few and far between.

Well Bollox, before covid we came back to the UK regularly and there were and are fat twunts everywhere.

Whereas in Europe we just get fat Americans

Have you ever eaten critters that graze on sage? Like say Mule Deer or Antelope?

Karoo mutton. Seriously lush. Good roasted and provide excellent chops but I prefer goat for curries.

One day we might be able to learn you...

Coke quite commonly used here for game/venison. Red wine Coke mix, finely grated onion, garlic, tomato paste, salt, rosemary, sage, thyme, sunflower/peanut oil and the odd chili does the trick. Marinade for 24 hours.

Wrap the meat in bacon before it goes over the oven, place on bed of roughly chopped onion, pour the marinade over it, throw in a load of potatoes, cover and roast for six or eight hours at 120 deg C.

Last edited:

Latest Threads