Adverse conditions - Personal resilience, lack of and how would you manage?

Well this morning I am preparing some mule deer for the arrival of the inlaws tomorrow. I will soak the meat in coke until tomorrow night, and then I will rub it down with a cherry bbq seasoning to smoke on Friday. I hate buttermilk so I won’t use that to prepare any game meat and coke lasts longer. It’s always a decent idea to have some if you plan on eating the wild game.
35EE33B5-BAD3-4AAE-BAA3-E24167335D6F.jpeg
1563F8BE-EA4B-4811-90A4-E562BF83E0D7.jpeg

Can you imagine the likes of Owen Jones and his ilk making it out into the countryside , living rough , foraging , raiding isolated farmhouses ?
I don't think a lot of them would last 24 hours before going toes up .
There's a good side to Armageddon then.

It would be cheaper to use the old 12 bore.

The price of 9mm has doubled, it cost me $7.60 for that sub par grouping. Hence the need for more money.

I like the Glock 34, and have a couple. As you say ammo is a problem with the covid pricing nowadays.

I found a Umarex Elite airsoft Glock 34. Ideal for back garden practice, and cheap at 5000 BB’s for $15.00 + $15.00 for 50 CO2 cartridges.

I like the Glock 34, and have a couple. As you say ammo is a problem with the covid pricing nowadays.

I found a Umarex Elite airsoft Glock 34. Ideal for back garden practice, and cheap at 5000 BB’s for $15.00 + $15.00 for 50 CO2 cartridges.
I have a few as well, and yes ammo prices are a pita for training budgets. I will do drills down in the basement but I still prefer to shoot a few times a month. I don’t shoot up the JHP like I used to when it was time to be replaced. Which I don’t like, as one needs to be used to the difference with the plus P cartridges.

Can you imagine the likes of Owen Jones and his ilk making it out into the countryside , living rough , foraging , raiding isolated farmhouses ?
I don't think a lot of them would last 24 hours before going toes up .

My daughters and sons age group are even worse - 18 & 25. The thing is my pair go on about not wanting to get their hands dirty, proudly proclaiming they are unable to do stuff, and twattergramming with their mates.

Unknown to them they are better off than most of their contemporaries. When we lived in the UK I used to take them for a walk through the woodland around the local reservoir. I made a game of shelter building, and setting bunny traps, and in the garden at home I taught them both how to light fires using various means. Unlike most of the indigenous population over here they do not mind walking to get places, and both were schlepped off to martial arts at a young age to be sure they know how to slap Japs. And, both having been exposed to me fixing up houses they are both fair with tools too............the daughter actually admitted that when she was at uni in the UK if she got homesick she used to go for a walk around B&Q like the days when I used to schlep her off there when I was buying stuff.

Gone2ratshat

War Hero
Well this morning I am preparing some mule deer for the arrival of the inlaws tomorrow. I will soak the meat in coke until tomorrow night, and then I will rub it down with a cherry bbq seasoning to smoke on Friday. I hate buttermilk so I won’t use that to prepare any game meat and coke lasts longer. It’s always a decent idea to have some if you plan on eating the wild game.
View attachment 621105View attachment 621106
Coke ffs sake , why does all American food have to include excess of sugar, salt and fat ?

Londo

LE
My daughters and sons age group are even worse - 18 & 25. The thing is my pair go on about not wanting to get their hands dirty, proudly proclaiming they are unable to do stuff, and twattergramming with their mates.

Unknown to them they are better off than most of their contemporaries. When we lived in the UK I used to take them for a walk through the woodland around the local reservoir. I made a game of shelter building, and setting bunny traps, and in the garden at home I taught them both how to light fires using various means. Unlike most of the indigenous population over here they do not mind walking to get places, and both were schlepped off to martial arts at a young age to be sure they know how to slap Japs. And, both having been exposed to me fixing up houses they are both fair with tools too............the daughter actually admitted that when she was at uni in the UK if she got homesick she used to go for a walk around B&Q like the days when I used to schlep her off there when I was buying stuff.
Well done . You seem to have brought them up well . It will help them through life's little trials in the future too .

Coke ffs sake , why does all American food have to include excess of sugar, salt and fat ?

Calm down, here have a nice cup of tea.............:)

You can actually see the wimmin that have had too much of the sugar/fat/salt combo. Apart from the fat ones - and fat is not a word you are allowed to use in the USA - even the skinny ones end up with the tell tale signs on the backs of their thighs.

In defence of using it for meat: I use root beer when cooking pulled pork, you need to use something sweet to be sucked into the meat when it is cooking. You can either use a litre of a fruit juice, or a litre of root beer/coke/Dr Peppers with a couple of halved onions dropped into it.

I do that with everything from about October onwards. Close the fuel valve and let it idle until it dies of fuel starvation. Never know if I’ll use them again before the onset of winter - pressure washers, wood chipper, ATV.

My little gene’s in need of a carb for exactly this reason, I didn’t do it and left it too long so the carb’s gummed up. Not a major drama, but an unnecessary one. Similar with the ATV. It was my FIL’s and sat unused for several years after he passed away. Changing the carb was an arrse of a job on that thing, so I impressed on everyone the value of not letting gas sit in the bowl by means of making sure that everyone had a go at getting the carb seated on the air intake, and skinned their knuckles too.
I run the carb dry on everything petrol powered at the end of the days use, even tractors, haven’t had a single fuel system issue on anything since l started doing that.

Uninformed sweeping generalizations FFS. Why do all Arrse comments about American food make such erroneous assumptions? :)

Maybe because they have seen the supersized portions sold by many fast food outlets, along with the size of many a gargantuan inhabitant.

There are many svelte individuals here who do eat healthily, but for the lazy and rushed who turn to fast food, or rapidly microwaveable food there is little hope of a healthy diet and weight control.

What does still astound me, even after many years here, is the length of the queues outside Mickeys, and the other fast food outlets from 6.30am - 9.00am........and the number of individuals who pick up a quart sized cup of some flavour of pop along with their egg Mcbacon roll.

I have a great idea for one of those fast food eatery things that are in malls: There is presently no chain offering BBQ for nosh in malls. There are burger places, chicken places, choggie places, pizza places, and sandwich places, but no BBQ place.

They need all that crap, so they can stay so f*ckin huge.... ;)

Yeah no fat kunts over there in the UK is there. I think you need to get out more and have a look around mate.

The top 15 European nations with the highest obesity are

Turkey: 32.1%
Malta: 28.9%
United Kingdom: 27.8%
Hungary: 26.4%
Lithuania: 26.3%
Israel: 26.1%
Czech Republic: 26%
Andorra: 25.6%
Ireland: 25.3%
Bulgaria: 25%
Greece: 24.9%
Belarus: 24.5%
Croatia: 24.4%
Ukraine: 24.1%
Spain: 23.8%

Yeah no fat kunts over there in the UK is there. I think you need to get out more and have a look around mate.

USA 36.2%

Your point was?

Looks like you’re scheduling Scaley Alberto’s 2022 European vacation....

Latest Threads