Adverse conditions - Personal resilience, lack of and how would you manage?

Gone2ratshat

Old-Salt
What choke are we thinking of for a robust load say AAA upwards, 3/4 , to keep it nice and meaningfull at the far end ?
I`ve used the Geco 9 ball cartridges , they are supposedly safe in any choke down to full , youd have to experiment and remember to aim high as theres a fair drop at 100m.

still staggin

War Hero
You have no idea what you are snubbing…bacon, chorizo, and carnitas with eggs, peppers and pepper Jack cheese. You come from a place that eats beans on toast, surly you are open to a little something different in life.
I like the sound of most of that ,albeit individually . What are carnitas ?

Gone2ratshat

Old-Salt
You have no idea what you are snubbing…bacon, chorizo, and carnitas with eggs, peppers and pepper Jack cheese. You come from a place that eats beans on toast, surly you are open to a little something different in life.
A 2000 calorie breakfast , what harm could that possibly do on a daily basis .

I like the sound of most of that ,albeit individually . What are carnitas ?

Mexican pulled pork.
Tex Mex is pretty big around here and blending culinary dishes is a good thing.

A 2000 calorie breakfast , what harm could that possibly do on a daily basis .
The cheese is the worst part of the meal. But protein and corn tortillas ain’t to bad. But it isn’t a daily meal by any means, just a nice weekend treat.

But depending on what one is doing 2,000 calories might be a drop in the bucket.

Londo

LE
Fair enough mate, however if you feel that way why did you bother joining in on that part of the thread?
I could say much the same Sam . But lets not fall out over this , we are looking at two ends of the same problem . One probably survivable and one probably not .

.................. without religion, lawyers, bankers, inbred royals, and politicians....Result!

As you waffle on about being Jewish when it suits you, it would be a result.

I could say much the same Sam . But lets not fall out over this , we are looking at two ends of the same problem . One probably survivable and one probably not .

Oh don't worry about falling out mate, not going to happen.

The thing is mate in his post the OP does say and I quote

"Add in to that various other gripes and moans from people who seem to have no resilience in the face of adversity, it makes me wonder WTF would happen in an actual disaster scenario."

So the SHTF scenario was put out there in all fairness. As for the survivability thing mate, I reckon a lot of that is going to be down to where people live.

You're fecked :twisted:

Bug in is better than bug out in the first instance. Let chaos surround you and when it quietens down then bug out if you need to. Personally I would get out of London (other cities are available) within a week as sewage will be backed up, no water, dead bodies and free range rats everywhere.

Now that's interesting, All the recent fuss from the greenies about sewer overflows. If there was no electric pumping, it would actually be better to allow free-flow to rivers.

The cheese is the worst part of the meal. But protein and corn tortillas ain’t to bad. But it isn’t a daily meal by any means, just a nice weekend treat.

But depending on what one is doing 2,000 calories might be a drop in the bucket.

What about stocking up with the old Arctic favourite, Pemmican? Never tried it, it sounds vile, but if you're down to basic nutrition?

"Add in to that various other gripes and moans from people who seem to have no resilience in the face of adversity, it makes me wonder WTF would happen in an actual disaster scenario."

So the SHTF scenario was put out there in all fairness. As for the survivability thing mate, I reckon a lot of that is going to be down to where people live.

Oh no, he will be roasting some poor lost sod from London and having a cookout. I suggest he stock up on charcoal and sauce…

What about stocking up with the old Arctic favourite, Pemmican? Never tried it, it sounds vile, but if you're down to basic nutrition?
You are not wrong it is a high calorie meal, that can be eaten on the go. When one is busy these types of foods are worth their weight in gold. I prefer peanut butter and jerky as a quick bite.

Londo

LE

Nah ! We're resilient round here and have our sh!t covered sharpened sticks . Those poofy Londoners would not stand a chance :-D

You are not wrong it is a high calorie meal, that can be eaten on the go. When one is busy these types of foods are worth their weight in gold. I prefer peanut butter and jerky as a quick bite.
Pemmican tastes like shïte and you know it.....