Adventure Holidays

B

Boozy

Can anyone recommend any good companies offering Adventure holidays in far flung corners of the world?

I am thinking ahead to this time next year and would like to get out of Europe and go and trek through some jungles or climb some mountains. I can only lay by a pool for about one day before I get bored so need something fairly active and preferably cultural/historical too.

Suggestions please?!

Oh yes, and I have a severe case of arachnophobia... I don't want to end up anywhere with a lot of spiders if at all possible!

Budget circa £1500

Can anyone recommend any good companies offering Adventure holidays in far flung corners of the world?

I am thinking ahead to this time next year and would like to get out of Europe and go and trek through some jungles or climb some mountains. I can only lay by a pool for about one day before I get bored so need something fairly active and preferably cultural/historical too.

Suggestions please?!

Oh yes, and I have a severe case of arachnophobia... I don't want to end up anywhere with a lot of spiders if at all possible!

Budget circa £1500
The Falkland Islands Holidays & Tailor Made Tours | Audley Travel

You know it makes sense.......

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Why go abroad, read anything by Enid Blyton featuring the Famous Five, they always had an adventure on their holidays, never left the UK and had lashings of ginger beer ;-)

Morocco could probably cater to your tastes - I spent a month there a couple of years ago & did pretty much the stuff you want to do.

No need to go through a tour operator that way either, just book an in flight and an out flight and go where you please - just stay in hostel or most hotels will also let you sleep on the roof (not as bad as it sounds) for a couple of pounds.

You could probably also find a package tour, but it will cost you a lot more than you could do it alone for.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru

Suggestions please?!

Budget circa £1500
I'm going to Vietnam to see EODMatt I'm sure he could suggest something adventurous to do especially if you like the cock.

B

Boozy

Why go abroad, read anything by Enid Blyton featuring the Famous Five, they always had an adventure on their holidays, never left the UK and had lashings of ginger beer ;-)
Was thinking erm more Lara Croft style adventures than a bunch of old fashioned english children running around fields and shit!

The Falklands is a no unfortunately sluggy, I like penguins - but I couldn't eat a whole one!

Command_doh

LE
Book Reviewer
I went with Exodus 9 times. They are good, but tbh you could do most of what they do with a little research and save some money. Peru was good, Kilimanjaro too and dog sledding in lappland is something I would recommend to anyone.

Was thinking erm more Lara Croft style adventures than a bunch of old fashioned english children running around fields and shit!

The Falklands is a no unfortunately sluggy, I like penguins - but I couldn't eat a whole one!
Home Page - Welcome to the official website of Tourism Shellharbour located on the South Coast of NSW online bookings for accommodation, attractions, activities, events and tours

Well this is where I'm going. I've got a mate over there - use of a car and a bedspace. Anyone can rough it.

B

Boozy

Asia and South American countries are high up on on my list... there are a few places in the middle east like Petra I would like to see but I'd be apprehensive about travelling alone in Islamic countries... knowing my luck I'd probably get thrown in jail or stoned to death for wearing shorts or daring to look a bloke in the eye or something!

I could probably do this stuff cheaper by researching it all out and booking things myself but as I'm going alone and am a bit of a virgin when it comes to travelling in non english/french/german speaking places I'd like to have someone else do all the organisation and just join a tour group to do it.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
Asia and South American countries are high up on on my list... there are a few places in the middle east like Petra I would like to see but I'd be apprehensive about travelling alone in Islamic countries... knowing my luck I'd probably get thrown in jail or stoned to death for wearing shorts or daring to look a bloke in the eye or something!

I could probably do this stuff cheaper by researching it all out and booking things myself but as I'm going alone and am a bit of a virgin when it comes to travelling in non english/french/german speaking places I'd like to have someone else do all the organisation and just join a tour group to do it.
Come with me my dear you'll be quite safe I'll not even hoor you out.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
On the serious side, next year is an eventful birthday year, so might be treating myself to a visit to the States, landing at either LA or NY and travelling to the opposite side via Amtrak taking in the Southern states and the East Coast with stops for 1 or 2 days en route, especially on the Southern bit. I was originally looking at riding cross country on a bike, but come to the sensible conclusion I'd probably kill myself :)

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
I'm going to Vietnam to see EODMatt I'm sure he could suggest something adventurous to do especially if you like the cock.
zzzzzzatafact? Gosh. What a coincidence. Who'd av thought it and heres me, just passing through. Dates. Now.

Check your PMs Boozy. Feel free to feel I am luring you into a sexual death trap.

B

Barbarella

India. Two of us went for a fortnight biking about on Enfields and staying in really good hotels, in Rajasthan and it was a hard push to spend £2k including flights. I have some v good contacts in Northern India and Nepal so pm me if you want - the elephant safari in Nepal is AMAZING.
My sister has just got back from 4 months working on a Horseback safari place in the top of South Africa which she loved - this is the linky to their fb group... Horizon Horseback Adventures | Facebook

B

Boozy

Check your PMs Boozy. Feel free to feel I am luring you into a sexual death trap.
A holiday for me to visit SANTA CLAUS and sit on his knee and everything ?!!! Wow you're the best uncle Iron Duke. I hope he has candy cane, I love candy cane. The priest never gives me candy cane :( he says it's just for little boys.

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
A holiday for me to visit SANTA CLAUS and sit on his knee and everything ?!!! Wow you're the best uncle Iron Duke. I hope he has candy cane, I love candy cane. The priest never gives me candy cane :( he says it's just for little boys.
Hushty. Santa knows whats best for little girls. Aaaaand, sleep.

I'm going for Christmas and New Year your dukekyness.
Golly Gosh. Me too! Now theres a coincidence, eh? Of course, I shall be staying five star plus so we shall have to meet in town. The Delta early in the new year? They have snake fights doncha know?