Advantage of Rotary Wing over Fixed Wing

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by jumpinjarhead, Jul 16, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just received this candid admission from a close friend and F/A-18 pilot as to the inherent advantage of a helicopter over his jet:

[FONT=&quot][​IMG][/FONT] image001.jpg
  2. Mmmmm nice!
  3. rampant

rampant LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Can't argue with that: but careful you'll set Flashy's ego off again and I don't think the servers can handle the strain.
  4. This "ground effects" phenomenon was one reason we used to enjoy doing NEOs (in case the acronym has changed from back in the day--"non-combatant evacuation operations) in spite of the usual adverse circumstances otherwise prevailing at the time. There was never a want for a courteous Marine to help a damsel in distress into the helos.
  5. rampant

Fixed that for you, no charge
  6. After your late night lapse, I see you are back on top of your game.
  7. rampant

I had been at a wine tasting, I'm a swallower, not a spitter!;)
  8. Exhibitionist slut.
  9. I assume and earnestly hope you are referring to wine.
  10. Sorry to offend your sensitivities. It was after all passed on by a Marine aviator.
  11. I disagree, a good jet wash could take the whole lot off. Your F/A-18 chum isn't thinking outside (or in this case of) the box.
  12. Is this what you mean:

13. Post this in the aviation forum then break open a slab and enjoy the show as the great plane/chopper debate kicks off
  14. It's a lot less bovver with a hovver
  15. I'm still trying to work this pic out....I'm still an innocent on here and whichever way I look at looks painful!