Advantage of Rotary Wing over Fixed Wing

Just received this candid admission from a close friend and F/A-18 pilot as to the inherent advantage of a helicopter over his jet:

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
image001.jpg
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Mmmmm nice!

Can't argue with that: but careful you'll set Flashy's ego off again and I don't think the servers can handle the strain.
This "ground effects" phenomenon was one reason we used to enjoy doing NEOs (in case the acronym has changed from back in the day--"non-combatant evacuation operations) in spite of the usual adverse circumstances otherwise prevailing at the time. There was never a want for a courteous Marine to help a damsel in distress into the helos.

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
This "ground effects" phenomenon was one reason we used to enjoy doing NEOs (in case the acronym has changed from back in the day--"non-combatant evacuation operations) in spite of the usual adverse circumstances otherwise prevailing at the time. There was never a want for a courteous Marine to help himself into a distressed damsel's holes.
Fixed that for you, no charge

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

Travelgall

MIA
Kit Reviewer
Just received this candid admission from a close friend and F/A-18 pilot as to the inherent advantage of a helicopter over his jet:
I disagree, a good jet wash could take the whole lot off. Your F/A-18 chum isn't thinking outside (or in this case of) the box.

When she told me there was no sandwich comming, I punched her in the eye.

You do know a lawn mower and a helicopter are different machines?

Even you can control a lawn mower I'm sure.....
You do know the difference between a bottle of meths and a bottle of Tizer dont you?

Even you could down a bottle of Evian and get smashed out of your tree....