advance of substance

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by cheggarsRE, Sep 1, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hi there just a quicky, i have been tasked with going to oman next week for a month and i have been kindly booked into the Hilton however the embassy will only pay bed and breakfast as some idiot ruined it for all on the alcohol front so i have submitted an advance of £966 to cover 2 meals for the days as their money is stronger then ours yet the normal rip off prices....etc etc

what i need to know is if i submit my receipts on the 5th Oct will any pay be taken back off of me or do i get a period of which i must show by or pay back??
  2. What end date did you put on the advance? If the end date was 5th Oct then you should be okay as long as you get your claim in by the payrun in Oct.
  3. MrBane

MrBane War Hero Reviewer Reviews Editor

£1000 on food for a month!?!?!?!?!?!

Exchange rate or not, hotel prices or not.
  4. gotta love the Crowne Plaza ah...that's drinks for the day as well, it all adds up!!

thanks for the replies people!

The end date i put was 3rd Oct and my first day back at work is the 6th.... i can see this gettin messy and very expensive on my behalf!!
  5. No you should be ok, just do all your receipts on 6th. JPA will try to take the advance back if it isn't cleared when the pay run happens.
  6. You may also need to re-submit the claim, I did last time I had an advance, it's sdo the system can bring you back to a zero balance or some shoite like that, didn't find out about it until I started making other claims and they weren't getting paid through, phoned Glasgow and they told me to re-submit it, bingo ... sorted.
  7. cheers lads. oh well i have the money now and im really dubious about how it'll all pan out for this months pay!!