Advance of salary?

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by CaptainBlackadder, Aug 9, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. G'day,

I was informed by a reliable source that it is possible to have up to 3 months salary advanced to you upon posting to an overseas station. Apparently the sum is then reclaimed from your wages, at source, over a period of a year.

Has anyone heard of/done this and is able to shed some light?

Thanks

CB

2. Yes it is true, you can get an advance on posting Overseas. Talk to your RAO.

3. Tax free car, here we come.

4. Inform him (politely) from me that he is a cnut, and should RTFM. Tell him to try PAM para 02.05046!

Also invite him to send this month's pay to the ABF, 'cos he ain't earning it!

5. PS It is one month's salary you can look it up yourself using the Army Electronic Library.

6. Go Paymaster!!! :D

7. da nada, but thank you kind sir!

8. Paymaster, can you answer Qs on pensions? I get my half pension and lump sum at age 55 after doing over 12 years service and leaving at the 13 year point in 1999. Am I allowed any of the lump sum before year 55 or is it a case I can't touch any of it before then? I have a sneaky feeling I may not see 55, so would like to at least enjoy some of the moolah before my pending appointment with the Evil One below.

9. fraid for a Preserved Pension you have to wait until you are 60yo for it to be put into payment. At that stage you have to write to Pensions Div and claim it, so put a note in your diary. However if you are ill and incapable of work then it can be paid earlier.

10. Tanx Paymaster! Does 'hearing voices and dressing in wimens clothes behind closed doors' count for illness?

11. Dodgy, Probably not but if you could get a tame Trick Cyclist to sign you off as sooo barking mad that you will never work again, then perhaps.

Why don't you post a piccy of yourself in the kit in the Gallery!

12. Don't tempt me!

13. You can only claim 3 months advance in certain circumstances Captain B. If you are posted BETWEEN overseas theatres, or if you will incur financial hardship at the new duty station due to having to pay rent upfront if you do not live in a Mess or MQ etcHowever in any normal circumstance you can ask for 28 pay in advance.

14. You also have to pay it back over 3 months, not a year. Goodbye LOA for the first 3 months !!