Adv Trg in ICELAND

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by Joee, Sep 7, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Has anyone completed an Expd to ICELAND recently. I would be grateful for any info. :roll:
  2. Yeah, a friend of mine led an expedition down there last month. Returned an hour later with a 12 pack of Kronenbourg and a bargain barbeque kit!!!!
    (Sorry mate, I couldn't resist!)

3. They have a good deal on muller fruit corners at the mo.
  4. Has anyone completed an Expd to ICELAND (the country!) recently. I would be grateful for any info.
  5. Not recently, early 90’s, however I would thoroughly recommend anyone considering the trip well worth it

We booked into the American facilities at the USAF base in Keflavic (don’t know if its still there) to ensure the admin was sorted at the start and end.

We basically travelled round the coast by bus to the Northern town of Myvatn, then trekked across the interior and over the Vatnajokull Glacier (this was prior to the large eruptions of the mid 90’s) to the South coast.

We then took transport to the end of trail and trekked to the summit of Mt Hekla (1491M) one of Europe’s most active volcanoes, through the spectacular Lava fields and amazing scenery.

We where there for the best part of 3 weeks and only explored a fraction of the island.

Absolutely fantastic. Good Luck to you