Adultery in the Army

Discussion in 'Military Discipline' started by Beach Bum, May 18, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi, I have recently discovered my wife of 6 years was having an affair whilst I spent seven months in a FOB on HERRICK back in 2008 :rage:

The guy in question is a serving SNCO, he was not part of my unit - I didnt work with him but he was supposed to be one of my mates from home - I've known him since we were about 13.

Now he has begged me not to tell his wife as he is married with 2 kids (as am I). Can I use the chain of comd to raise a complaint?

thanks in advance

2. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

IMHO No! Fight your own battles.

3. It's three years ago, move on, one way or another.

4. Some friend! As he was not in your unit and the affair happened three years ago, I reckon you would find it pretty difficult to formalise any disciplinary or AGAI action through the chain of command. Also, it boils down to your word against his.
    What you need to sort out is your relationship with your own missus.
    As for your so called friend, treat him with the contempt he deserves and tell him to do one for good - after you have re-arranged his nose!

• Like Like x 2
  5. Trust me, the first thing I wanted to do was drive up there and give the weasel the kicking he deserves - however, I dont want to jeopardise my own career. Surely by his actions he has failed the service test and is not abiding by the values and standards of the British Army? Plus in his line of work he needs to be whiter that white and setting an example to others not shagging around with your mates wife whilst most of the Garrison are away on Ops? I have proof - the moment of discovery was poor opsec on the wife's computer FACEBOOK was unlocked and there was a perfectly innocent message from him - so I jumped on pretending to be her and managed to get all the information out of him thinking he was talking to her, one quick sreenshot later and evidence aplenty

6. Phew!! I thought you were talking about me until you mentioned the married with 2 kids bit.

7. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

You can raise a complaint, of course, but I don't see what you would gain by it, beyond some sort of 'dirty protest' and empty revenge.

8. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

3 years ago, get over it. If you wanted to make a complaint you should have done it then.

Breaching the service test? Suppose you were in civvy street, what would you do then. Do you really think British telecom give a flying **** who shags who?

It takes two to tango! You must have had doubts otherwise you wouldn't have pretended to be her.

Your better off without her, and him as a mate.

9. "sir, sir!"

"what is it snodgrass?"

"he biffed my wife when I was away"

"no one likes a grass, Snodgrass."

Man the **** up, do the decent thing, and kick his head in. Though that moment has gone now, and anything you do will now be classed as premeditated.

I bet you're 8 stone pissed wet through, and have never been in a real fight in your life. No wonder your bird was ******* your mate (who I bet is a Rugby player)

• Like Like x 4
  10. Go and shag HIS missus see how he likes it!.

• Like Like x 6
  11. Sounds to me like the person you should be angry at is your missus.

12. Dump the wife and move on, mate.

You've still got your career to worry about and at the end of the day that's more important than that bint.

Get her out of your life and just don't bother with the bloke in question either.

Get a few drinks down you, square yourself up and go back to work.

• Like Like x 3
  13. The same thing happened at our place. One SNCO was boffing another SNCO's missus. The one doing the boffing was deselected, after being selected on the Staffies board, and posted.

But like others have said, this was three years ago. You should have yourself a Thai bride by now.

14. Don't listen to these bunch of gayers!! "awwwww, leave her" "don't do anything to your mate" "just have a few drinks, and move on"

Move on my ******* itchy hoop!! Get cunted, walk your slag whore of a "wife" into a door, ****-punt her, then drag her round to your mates house by her hair. Kick his door in, throw her at him shouting "You can have the ******* slut!"

That way she's out the house, you get to watch your "mates" wife kick the **** out of your "mate", and possible your "wife" too!

Then get your skinny wretched body back to the pub for last orders.

Win Win!

• Like Like x 18
  15. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I think you have answered your own question about 'Can I use the chain of comd to raise a complaint? '? On the face of it he failed the service test so yes you can. More relevant perhaps is: should you? Is it in your best interest and the wider service interest?

If what you want is revenge then I'm not sure if it will really help you and you may end up feeling guilty for hurting his wife and kids. They after all are innocent. I'm not saying that should stop you but you may end up making yourself feel worse. It may also get in the way of repairing your relationship with your wife if that's what you want to do.

You could write your ex-friend a letter explaining how he has let you down, why he is a failure as a man and as an NCO. You could also mention that although you don't intend to do anything now if he does it again (to anyone else) you will complain. I know it sounds a bit wet but the truth hurts. Anyone can laugh off a rant but it's far harder to laugh off the truth when you are alone with your thoughts.