Adult Education Opertunities

For all those who are feeling the cold light of day and enforced redundancy upon you [and those who have applied to leave anyway], and sit there thinking what can i do next? Well you might consider getting a second start in life and fancy a years full-time education at one of the countries Adult Ed colleges?
There are 3 or 4 around the country, and the one i went to was Ruskin College Ruskin College, Oxford. Return to learn in Adult Education. Courses include: English Studies: Creative Writing and Critical Practice; Writing for Performance; Social Science: Sociology, Politics and Economics; Combined Studies; Law; International Lab, which offered me the 1 year certificate of education [Trade Union Studies] and which then enabled me to go onto a 4 year Law & Sociology Degree at Warwick University. Whilst returning to education isn't for everybody, the year is funded with a bursary which don't need paying back, and can lead to a place at University [and may provide a small amount of extra for helping you through the year, however this is an area you would need to speak to the college about?]. When i went i hadn't done any education since I left school and its not 3 or 4 A levels that they are after but a commitment to learning. Getting in is based on an interview in many cases and a visit is well worth the effort.
There are other colleges, in Wales, Scotland and England, type in 'adult residential education colleges', in your search engine and they show up.
I had a fantastic time at Ruskin, which based in Oxford, and with the privilege of attending Oxford University Courses, made the whole experience so much the better.

Adult Education Opportunities

Nice to see your commitment to social mobility, is strong, Eaton by any chance?
You mis-spell that deliberately, don't you?

Edit to add:

Not everyone who goes to Ruskin ends up like the two most eloquent alumnae, Robbaeus & John Prescott.

Other educational establishments are available, which offer a proper degree course to mature students, again with relaxed eentry requirements. You will then be able to say you've been to University.