ADSC Selection - No/Wrong Information?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by NickBHAFC, Apr 11, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all i am wondering if you guys can help me out at all.

I have my 2 day ADSC selection coming up on the 17th of April. I received an email last week confirming the booking of my train tickets but I have not received any other information via email or in the post with regards to what to bring with me to the weekend or anything else that might be of importance.

I phoned up my local recruitment office today and they gave me a number and told me to contact the NRC. I phoned them up and explained my situation and they sent me an email pretty sharpish but however, once reading through the PDF document everything inside relates to starting a 14 week basic training course, which i have not been selected for yet.

I phoned the NRC back and they assured me that this is the correct document but there is nothing in there with regards to an ADSC selection weekend, and looking through the kit list this is very obvious (Boot polish, £75 spending, 5 pairs of socks etc)

As I only have 6 days till my ADSC i want to make sure i am as prepared as possible and have all the information I need. Any help on whether this is the document to follow, or whether they have got confused then that would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks, Nick.
  2. sup rec

sup rec LE Book Reviewer

Phone the NRC again, they have sent out the wrong instructions.
  3. :censored:
    The mind boggles :x
  4. Thanks guys. I went into my local recruitment centre and they apologised for the inconvenience due to a change in the system and new staffing at the NRC. They printed everything out for me so I am good to go.
  5. Good to hear, as SUP_REC has said though previously that things can easily be resolved and this is just teething problems that once addressed will go smoother. For those ranters on here who slag everything off and continue moaning on ARRSE you may want to look at the way NickBHAFC went about things, with a little assistance from SUP_REC and his old ACIO to get things resolved with the NRC....patience is a virtue.
    • Like Like x 1