ADSC questions?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by tochy01, Feb 3, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi there just a note to say I have just passed ADSC and if anyone wants any information about ADSC Pirbright feel free to ask. I know exactaly how you are feeling in the wait to go up there.

2. A few...

What is the limit for the run time? Some say 11 some say 14
    Did you turn up in tracksuit or smart? Some say one some say other
    Was it hard?

Im off on tuesday.

3. Runtime is 14min. 940 para. But you wanna be doing it in under11 if you want phase 1 to be as easy as possible, apparantly.Turn up smart/casual. It is hard but jst keep at it.

4. Turn up in smart clothes - trousers, shirt, tie, preferably a suit if you have one! your going for an INTERVIEW not an overnight break, it's the longest interview you will probably experience. If you don't have much money, then wear the smartest clothes you own, but trousers, a shirt and tie are quite cheap anyway!

on the 1.5 miler, run your arrse off, some people just jogged the way, run a comfortable pace the first lap, then run your arrse off the second lap! just don't quit!

try and get under 10:30 if you can, although some trades allow much slower times, but you should aim for faster!

5. My recruiter said that 10:15 should be acceptable for the Rifles, he also reckon 4-5 chin-ups was fine. He recommended about 60 press-ups and around 70 sit-ups, none of which is particularly hard since I'm almost there after 4 weeks, except for the chin-ups, turns out I was f**king doing them wrong.

6. I didn't get tested on sit ups or press ups but did on pull ups. When are you going?

7. UberSolDat, I disagree: I was told to turn up in a tracksuit so I didn't have to get changed for the medical into trakkies and then onto the jerry can walk. When I got there everyone else apart from one guy was wearing a tracksuit so I'd imagine thats the best course of action.

8. Best way is to ask you're AFCO/ACIO what to tip up in or wait out for a letter.

I am TA have been for 6 yes and done op tour. I am joinin up regular and have to go to ADSC.

Ref the guy who went to pribright...what did u do for team task? what surface/route was ur 1.5 mile, how did u/others find jerry can walk?

Anyone...feel free to throw in their 2p worth!!

9. I wont spoil the team tasks for you but the 1.5MILE is two laps of a route slightly up/down hill mostly road a little grass.The jerry can carry was tougher than i expected.My big tip is know your job choice very well for your icebreaker and be confident.

10. i did my two day selection at glencoarse.....the jerry can lift is all in your head.... its 150meters at the P.T's pace.....one guy dropped it in the 1st 20 meters an got deferred.
    an as for team tasks it doesnt matter if you fail them all aslong as you all work well as a team an give each other the help an support needed, allthough passing the tasks is a bonus...

11. Best way is to ask you're AFCO/ACIO what to tip up in or wait out for a letter.

I am TA have been for 6 yes and done op tour. I am joinin up regular and have to go to ADSC.

Ref the guy who went to pribright...what did u do for team task? what surface/route was ur 1.5 mile, how did u/others find jerry can walk?

Anyone...feel free to throw in their 2p worth!!

12. What colour is the boathouse at Pirbright?

13. Ive been asked to attend a running track to do pre-selection training/tests. Is this normal? I only ask because its a sh1tter to get to and i'll have to sort time off from work every week to make it. Cheers.

14. onSounds ok. Constantly humpin n dumpin jerry cans up and down the yard as hose pipe is all way down REME garages and trailers are 100m other side :)

14 for PFT sounds jus fine. Passed for 6 years as female under 13mins (not hard to be fair!)and have another next month and cft.

Team tasks...like you say...as long as u work together and put effort in all will be ok!

My job choice?? Know it inside out...done it for 6 yrs and am an instructor so no dramas there!

johnboy...ur so right mate about it being all in ur head...everything is psycological and PMA is all you need to excel...especially in army as its one big game and treat it as such!

welldone for passing guys, best move u have EVER made! Wish u all best of luck!

15. some afco/acio's ask u go to pre selection to ensure u pass...they have pass rate targets to meet and dont want time wasters!!!