adsc pre 1.5mile run warmup

Hi there,
I did the 2 day selection a couple of weeks ago.
The warm up is at a pretty gentle pace as one of the training staff will take you round. No need for anything strenuous.
They then had us line up straight away for the main event straight away and you're off.
In the ice breaker you will be asked for your mile and a half time, do not lie or guess, you will be found out if you come in slower on the actual run!
Just keep a good pace and give it your all.
I'm 41 and came home in 10·02 which I was really happy with. Best of luck!

If you're doing 3 miles in 21 mins then you've nothing to worry about. It's 1.5 miles buddy. Not 150.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

sup rec

LE
Book Reviewer
whats the warmup like before you run the 1.5 mile at adsc?
things like distance and pace etc.
is there a breather in between warmup and the actual run?

Currently doing a 3 mile in 21mins should i save myself on the warmup and go all out on the run?

anyone done it lately?
It is 800m in 5 mins, jogging and walking

The warm up I did on selection was more of a full on sprint then jog over 800m then straight on to the 1.5 mile run. Its not to bad though, I'm an old git but managed to get my time also managed to get passed a couple of the young chaps as well :)

I have to say that after watching most the lads sprint off at the start my heart dropped a bit but some obviously hadn't done any training because they were spent halfway round. A couple got swept up by the van as well and before I knew it I was snapping at there heels lol. But yes as much as I felt for the poor lads of 21 getting thrashed by a bloke of 40 I was smiling like a cheshire cat afterwards :))

Hi recoverymech,
No pull ups at selection any more but they did have us doing some press ups, star jumps and squats straight after the run. Which for me was a bit of a killer! It was also one of the hottest days of the year and really seemed to sap a lot of my energy.
I passed with an A grade so not sure what I would've worked on more, maybe my general fitness for the run?!
Just remember to call everyone "Staff" and don't be too cocky or mouthy. Be the grey man!
The medical is the one where we lost a third of the guys, though I was really surprised that one guy dropped out on the run, seemed such a waste to get to the second day and then give up.

dogrob,
I had the same feeling watching some of the young lads running away from me at the start! But I kept a steady pace with a young guy who said he ran a similar time to me and I came in about halfway through the group. Standing at the end and watching some of the (much) younger lads coming in after me was a nice feeling though. Didn;t know my run time until the interview so was very pleased with mine.
I was the eldest in our batch by about 11 years so really pleased that I passed!

Drivers_lag

On ROPS
On ROPs
whats the warmup like before you run the 1.5 mile at adsc?
things like distance and pace etc.
is there a breather in between warmup and the actual run?

Currently doing a 3 mile in 21mins should i save myself on the warmup and go all out on the run?

anyone done it lately?
If you're concerned about a warm up, then you really haven't been doing enough phys.

It's a warm up, not a trick and the test isn't that hard anyway. As @Ho2331 says, 21 minutes is grand for 3 miles at this stage for you.

I suggest that you try a 1.5 though, so's you can tweak your pace.

I did adsc this month, and as above the warmup was 800m walking + jogging at a very slow pace. you shouldn't be out of breath at all during this as its very slow + steady

I did adsc this month, and as above the warmup was 800m walking + jogging at a very slow pace. you shouldn't be out of breath at all during this as its very slow + steady
Sounds like your warm up was quite an easy paced one, mine was alternating between running at a reasonable pace and almost sprinting for the warm up. Most were panting at the starting line of the 1.5 mile run although I smashed my previous best by almost a minute! So I'm not sure if it was the warm up, adrenalin or not wanting to finish last that gave me the edge that day?

Sounds like your warm up was quite an easy paced one, mine was alternating between running at a reasonable pace and almost sprinting for the warm up. Most were panting at the starting line of the 1.5 mile run although I smashed my previous best by almost a minute! So I'm not sure if it was the warm up, adrenalin or not wanting to finish last that gave me the edge that day?
there was 40 or so at my selection which slowed it down id bet

Latest Threads