adsc pirbright please help?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by uk7867, Jul 3, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. i'll be going to adsc soon and i know that the 1.5 mile is an pass/fail,but what about the rest? what else is involved as to pass/fail? heaves etc.... are assesments but i would like to know which are the pass/ fail? as this can make me start to concentrate on those things and the grenade test is that a pass fail?? or is it like an assesment i believe u do a theory test on that too.

2. The whole process is an assessment. From the moment you arrive, to the moment you leave, the staff will be paying attention to you and grading ypu.
    Turn up looking smart, be attentive and respectful throughout, help out the other guys attending whenever you can, and keep a sense of humour. Don't be a wilting flower in the background and try not to get noticed, as that stands out. On the flipside, don't be the obnoxious gob on legs, either! Stay confident and calm, maintain a sense of purpose and put yourself fully into eveything you do.
    Don't get yourself worrying about the grenade lesson now- as with everything you do, you will be taught before you are tested.
  3. yeh i watched the adsc selection dvd in my carrers office,and it really puts stress once u have watched it.and on there couple of people were sent home due to not passing the run thats the reason why im asking.really i dont think it's all assesment,so if i run for infantry in 13 + mins do u really think they will pass me?
  4. doubt it because they're looking for 10.30 but then what do I know :?
  5. I think its 12.45 but I would think you are going to struggle with a time like that.
  6. team tasks are a must pass. as long as you pass the medical the rest should be a piece of urine. on the jerry can walkyou do that after the pssr lesson so make sure you chalk up your hands before so they dont slip.

you MUST NOT drop the jerry cans either
  7. Pssr? Whats this mean?
  8. 5.56 you not done selection yet? its the room where you do your static lift, back extension and chin ups
  9. uk check your pm's
  10. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

If thats stressful think on, whats it going to be like making life or death decisions on ops?
    Seriously you may not even remember all of this even the assessment tests (selection ffs) in a few years time. The best way to deal with this is not to worry about timings but to do your best and as you are told to the best of your ability every time!
    Oh and consider your grammar!