ADSC/PDA sticky - thread for all discussion on recruitment and selection in 2018

Right, I am genuinely asking for a mate lol......
He passed selection today and has been given a Conditional Pass due to a previous conviction 2 years ago which was a Caution for a Class A drug.
He has been told it needs to be reviewed and he was completely honest about it from the get go.
What are his chances of being Refused/Passed?

Thanks in advance!
If he’s honest and can chalk it up to just being daft than making a habit of it or anything then it should be ok. Just needs to prove that he’s not going to cause the army any problems by getting into more trouble when serving. As far as I know. Maybe wait out for one of the more Experianced posters to have a gander

I have recently submitted my application using the new online system. I'm aware there's delays and problems but I am concerned about the progress of my application- if anyone has any insight or advice that would be great.

I have submitted the initial application and it says that it is 'awaiting review' which 'typically takes 1-2 days'.

So far it has been two weeks and I have called the national recruitment center and AFCO. I've been told that I have been assigned a CSM but have had no contact from said CSM. AFCO told me that they were waiting to receive my medical forms and once they have reviewed them I will be invited to an interview.

All that is fine and I am happy to wait, but on the online recruiting page it says that I need to complete 'suitability' forms before I am invited to an interview at AFCO. The suitability page, however, can not be completed until my initial application is reviewed.

So essentially it's taking a long time to hear anything back and I'm worried that it's becuase I haven't submitted all of the documents, but I am unable to do so.

And ideas on what to do, or do I just need to be more patient?

Thanks.

I have recently submitted my application using the new online system. I'm aware there's delays and problems but I am concerned about the progress of my application- if anyone has any insight or advice that would be great.

I have submitted the initial application and it says that it is 'awaiting review' which 'typically takes 1-2 days'.

So far it has been two weeks and I have called the national recruitment center and AFCO. I've been told that I have been assigned a CSM but have had no contact from said CSM. AFCO told me that they were waiting to receive my medical forms and once they have reviewed them I will be invited to an interview.

All that is fine and I am happy to wait, but on the online recruiting page it says that I need to complete 'suitability' forms before I am invited to an interview at AFCO. The suitability page, however, can not be completed until my initial application is reviewed.

So essentially it's taking a long time to hear anything back and I'm worried that it's becuase I haven't submitted all of the documents, but I am unable to do so.

Thanks.
I would say do what I did...dress casual smart and just pop round your local careers office and ask if they can assist you. My recruiters were ace, completely top notch. Not sure what they did but it moved my application right along.

I would say do what I did...dress casual smart and just pop round your local careers office and ask if they can assist you. My recruiters were ace, completely top notch. Not sure what they did but it moved my application right along.
Thanks for the advice. I just don't want to seem impatient as I called just the other day.

If they are waiting for medical forms do you know if I'd be able to fill them out in person at the AFCO for immediate review, as that seems to be the cause of the delay?

What role did you apply for, out of interest? I've heard applications are processed by order of demand for said role rather than order of submission.

Thanks for the advice. I just don't want to seem impatient as I called just the other day.

If they are waiting for medical forms do you know if I'd be able to fill them out in person at the AFCO for immediate review, as that seems to be the cause of the delay?

What role did you apply for, out of interest? I've heard applications are processed by order of demand for said role rather than order of submission.
I was given the medical records release forms after my first interview.
You just fill them out with your GPs name and practice address and send that to the army med department. They will then send the request directly to your GP. From that point I was in my GPs office literally everyday. I know it sounds awful but sometimes you have to light a fire under some people's arse to get them moving. Once they send the stack of paperwork back to the army med department then your CSM shall finally contact you for a small chat, ask you how you're doing on your fitness and then he'll start looking for assessment dates for you.
My first job choice is the paras
Second is the Yorkshire regiment. So both are infantry.

Thanks.
Certainly don't be patient!
Everyone has the same problem with this new system, ring them daily and keep telling them your problem because if you sit and wait you will be waiting a very long time.
Bottom line is it's your career so chase it.

I was given the medical records release forms after my first interview.
You just fill them out with your GPs name and practice address and send that to the army med department. They will then send the request directly to your GP. From that point I was in my GPs office literally everyday. I know it sounds awful but sometimes you have to light a fire under some people's arse to get them moving. Once they send the stack of paperwork back to the army med department then your CSM shall finally contact you for a small chat, ask you how you're doing on your fitness and then he'll start looking for assessment dates for you.
My first job choice is the paras
Second is the Yorkshire regiment. So both are infantry.
Ah, so the delay might be being caused by my local medical practice not releasing my papers? What's the process for getting them to hurry the release of my medical record? I've also seen somewhere that some practices charge for something during the recruitment process, might they want a fee before they release them?

Thanks and good luck in the Paras! Admirable choice.

To the other person who replied, thanks for the advice. I'm certainly not patient, just trying to be so as not to be a pest. But you're right, this is my career, hopefully. So I will definitely chase my GP/AFCO up if nothing happens soon.

I
Ah, so the delay might be being caused by my local medical practice not releasing my papers? What's the process for getting them to hurry the release of my medical record? I've also seen somewhere that some practices charge for something during the recruitment process, might they want a fee before they release them?

Thanks and good luck in the Paras! Admirable choice.

To the other person who replied, thanks for the advice. I'm certainly not patient, just trying to be so as not to be a pest. But you're right, this is my career, hopefully. So I will definitely chase my GP/AFCO up if nothing happens soon.
It depends mate. Do you remember signing the paper forms and mailing them to the med department? Like I said I was handed those to sign and post off, at my first face to face interview. It wasn't a form I filled out online or anything.

I

It depends mate. Do you remember signing the paper forms and mailing them to the med department? Like I said I was handed those to sign and post off, at my first face to face interview. It wasn't a form I filled out online or anything.
No I've not had to sign any physical papers. Only filled out a short medical questionnaire online. Seemed a bit brief and reliant in the person filling it out being honest though so I assume a proper medical history check will need to be carried out soon?

I presume, like you mentioned, I will need to have my interview first and therefore will need AFCO to receive mysterious medical forms beforehand.

Such a pain! When did you apply; was it before the online system was put in place?

I applied on December 16th 2017. It was right as they were transitioning. Yeh if I were you I would dress up smart casual and head into your local careers office and ask them for a bit of help. Just whatever you do, don't wait. It good take forever that way.

I applied on December 16th 2017. It was right as they were transitioning. Yeh if I were you I would dress up smart casual and head into your local careers office and ask them for a bit of help. Just whatever you do, don't wait. It good take forever that way.
That's precisely my concern. I'll head down on Monday when they're next open and hopefully get things sorted. I think I've just been a bit too complaisant - accepted the "everything is fine, just wait" answer 3 times now.

Thanks for all the help. And again, good luck with your application and P Coy. :)

That's precisely my concern. I'll head down on Monday when they're next open and hopefully get things sorted. I think I've just been a bit too complaisant - accepted the "everything is fine, just wait" answer 3 times now.

Thanks for all the help. And again, good luck with your application and P Coy. :)
Yes, just chase your application all the way home. The recruiters will appreciate the eager attitude i can assure you. Thank you very much sir, ill let you all know how I get on with selection next weekend!

Well today is a great day I made my run time after months of training 13:18 for the full 1.5 mile now on for selection on the 4th anyone else going on 4th Over here NI. I feel really proud of myself a few slow downs but its getting their. Lest I no the pace expected when on the pda I feel sorry for the ones now that PDA's are cancelled I persume it was a health and safety reasons.

Just 16 days to go to my selection.

Attachments

I no we have the check list for selection but is there anything that use guys/girls wish you had of brought with you some guy said take pot noodles and things like that but I thought they chucked out any food that you brought with you. Apparently they tried to sell him pot noddles lol.

Any advice be appreciated.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
illbeamonkeysoon Army Pay, Claims & JPA 2
Meibion_Glyndŵr The Training Wing 0
PartTimePongo Current Affairs, News and Analysis 14