ADSC/PDA sticky - thread for all discussion on recruitment and selection in 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you don't get to pick your own jobs anymore?
You do, just by the way he said it, it means you do all the assessment tests and at the end, they tell you what you are eligible to do. So if you wanted to do something very technical but fail your maths test, those trades won't be join able.

You do, just by the way he said it, it means you do all the assessment tests and at the end, they tell you what you are eligible to do. So if you wanted to do something very technical but fail your maths test, those trades won't be join able.
Ok good. The job I want doesn't need any formal qualifications.

Hi everyone just looking for abit of advice n maybe some questions anyone could clear up. Hopefully got a date for Glencorse in December just waiting to hear back from CSM. Few Questions:
1. Are the questions on the TST perticularly difficult?
2. Best places to revise for them?
3. Anyone who has been to Glencorse before what's it like?

Cheers and good luck if you're about to go through the process yourself

Hi everyone just looking for abit of advice n maybe some questions anyone could clear up. Hopefully got a date for Glencorse in December just waiting to hear back from CSM. Few Questions:

Can't answer for anyone else but the TST Has said to be based around gcse maths, so just flicking through your old text books, apparently fractions is very common aswell.

You don't need the TST if you wish to join the Parachute Regiment so I am fine.
If you have 2nd and 3rd choices that do they will make you sit it and scoring poorly will make you seem incompetent, ill prepared or like you can’t be arsed.

Can't answer for anyone else but the TST Has said to be based around gcse maths, so just flicking through your old text books, apparently fractions is very common aswell.
It’s basically foundation GCSE. BBC bitesize fractions, indices and sim equations. A lot can be done on a calculator. Oh and there a couple on standard form and powers.

Yeah ive seen a lot of people say to use old textbooks and stuff. ive just got my date through to go to Glencorse on the 15th December so fingers crossed! Appreciate the reply btw wasnt expecting one at all

If you have 2nd and 3rd choices that do they will make you sit it and scoring poorly will make you seem incompetent, ill prepared or like you can’t be arsed.

It’s basically foundation GCSE. BBC bitesize fractions, indices and sim equations. A lot can be done on a calculator. Oh and there a couple on standard form and powers.
Appreciate this pal i'll look into these over the next few days or so

We always recommend BBC Bitesize in our ACC.

Have you been offered an Assesment Centre Open Day?

Have you been offered an Assesment Centre Open Day?
Went to lichfield on Monday on an open day. Enjoyed it thoroughly.

Anyone got selection for December 12th at Lichfield? And I seen some previous comments asking about medical clearance, mine took 2 weeks from them receiving the pack to letting me know I'm clear.

Went to lichfield on Monday on an open day. Enjoyed it thoroughly.

Anyone got selection for December 12th at Lichfield? And I seen some previous comments asking about medical clearance, mine took 2 weeks from them receiving the pack to letting me know I'm clear.
Are you going on the Tuesday night ?

Anyone going for selection at Pirbright on the 18th-19th?

I’m pretty damn excited but sweating the TST tbh :hmm:

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone going for selection at Pirbright on the 18th-19th
I’m pretty damn excited but sweating the TST tbh :hmm:
I've just been to lichfield on selection, on the train home now and got a conditional pass as they are waiting on paperwork. Any questions about what to expect drop me a pm. Honestly the TST is nothing the hardest it gets is areas and volumes of cubes, areas of squares, simultaneous equations and simple factorisation. Really nothing to worry about. It's not as bad as your expecting.... Honestly.
Make. Sure you know BIDMAS or BODMAS as a few questions really on that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've just been to lichfield on selection, on the train home now and got a conditional pass as they are waiting on paperwork. Any questions about what to expect drop me a pm. Honestly the TST is nothing the hardest it gets is areas and volumes of cubes, areas of squares, simultaneous equations and simple factorisation. Really nothing to worry about. It's not as bad as your expecting.... Honestly.
Make. Sure you know BIDMAS or BODMAS as a few questions really on that.
Congrats on your conditional pass mate :dance: what role did you go for?

And thanks for the reassurance good sir!
Hopefully it really, isn’t that bad.
I only need 19 to pass for my role, although 100% would be lovely I guess but highly unlikely :confused:

Congrats on your conditional pass mate :dance: what role did you go for?

And thanks for the reassurance good sir!
Hopefully it really, isn’t that bad.
I only need 19 to pass for my role, although 100% would be lovely I guess but highly unlikely :confused:
Thank you I got aircraft to technician in the REME mate. No problem, it really isn't I got 48 on mine and it's honestly no more than GCSE. make sure you turn up at train station well dressed. They do notice this. Best of luck

Thank you I got aircraft to technician in the REME mate. No problem, it really isn't I got 48 on mine and it's honestly no more than GCSE. make sure you turn up at train station well dressed. They do notice this. Best of luck
I got 48 too ;) what’s the earliest you can get in for basic?

Status
Not open for further replies.