ADSC/PDA sticky - thread for all discussion on recruitment and selection in 2018

Hello everyone, I'm wondering when I goona have to wear a trucksuit? Do I need a trucksuit when I'm in the assessment center building or do I do any fitness activities wearing trucksuit as well?Can anyone let me know how I goona be dress when I will be doing the fitness exercise? I would prefer to have a shorts and a t-shirt. Don't really have a trucksuit for fitness exercise.
When i was there, we was mainly in tracksuits, like jogging bottoms and a hoodie, the only time we changed was to change into shorts for the run and smart clothing for the interview.

hey. So im possibly going into the Int corps, I have that assessment in either December or January, most likely January, and its this date specifically that worries me because it adds more months onto an already way too long wait.

lets say I have my Int corps assessment in January, what the earliest I could possibly be starting phase 1? could I still be starting in feb or march or is this going to end up pushing my start well further back into 2019?

When i was there, we was mainly in tracksuits, like jogging bottoms and a hoodie, the only time we changed was to change into shorts for the run and smart clothing for the interview.
Thank you for your answer. Do you remember during assessment center did you have iron available to iron the shirt?

Thank you for your answer. Do you remember during assessment center did you have iron available to iron the shirt?
Im not sure, i didn't see anyone use one. but you do get a closet with hangers so i would hang your shirt and trousers first day you get there and let them uncrease themselfs.

Im not sure, i didn't see anyone use one. but you do get a closet with hangers so i would hang your shirt and trousers first day you get there and let them uncrease themselfs.
Thank you once again for your reply. In going to assessment center In two days. I'm also wondering did anyone was wearing sleepers? Or maybe all day long people had trainers with laces? I'm not sure how does it look when candidate come out from the shower ets. Are the sleepers allowed to be wear?

Last edited:
Thank you once again for your reply. In going to assessment center In two days. I'm also wondering did anyone was wearing sleepers? Or maybe all day long people had trainers with laces? I'm not sure how does it look when candidate come out from the shower ets. Are the sleepers allowed to be wear?
people just wore trainers, and when we was in our sleeping quarters we just took our trainers off, some people wore flip flops when going in the showers but isn't necessary.

I was hoping to get on before xmas but not heard anything. How long did you wait to hear following the gp sending med documents? Mine were sent on the 19th November to the recruiters. Cheers
Can't speak for tssh but took about eight weeks for me. Mine were sent in mid September and I heard early/mid November. That was with no issues.

I was hoping to get on before xmas but not heard anything. How long did you wait to hear following the gp sending med documents? Mine were sent on the 19th November to the recruiters. Cheers
Well for me I was put on medical deferment, but after the 6 months they got back to me in a week to say I'd passed. So mine was very quick, but I had waited 6 months prior . What I'd say is get onto your CSM and the army helpline, and just keep following it up so they can get you booked into assessment.

So its likely that I won't be on selection before xmas then by the sound of it. I was kind of hoping that the new changes from November to Pirbright selection might mean I would have been. I will get onto the recruiters. Cheers

Anyone Pirbright, December 13th? @TheAssessor you said there was going to be key changes to ADSC Pirbright, have they been implemented and what are they. If already answered sorry.
The changes I mentioned are already in place with regards to the job choices. Of you have already selected the jobs you want to go for then don't sweat it (profile picture means you probably have). If not then you'll be told all the jobs you are good for at the end of assessment.

The changes I mentioned are already in place with regards to the job choices. Of you have already selected the jobs you want to go for then don't sweat it (profile picture means you probably have). If not then you'll be told all the jobs you are good for at the end of assessment.
Oh that's right, cheers for the help.

So you don't get to pick your own jobs anymore?