ADSC in 2 weeks

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Shadowfar, Mar 19, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. wot shud i do to get myself prepped up.I can do my 1.5 in around 10:45 - 111:00ish and i can do 25 press-ups and mega amounts of situps.waht else can i do??

Is their nething i can do in 2weeks that will improve the way i perform at the ADSC??

Thanks
    Shadowfar

2. Do more pressups, and bear in mind that the press/sit ups have to be done in 2 mins.

Minimum of 44 in 2 mins for both, I think but I might be wrong.

3. You dont do press ups or sit ups at ADSC. Focus on trying to get your run time down to the best time poosible. Bare in mind you will do a warm up first so make sure you practice this before you run timings. Practice heaves as much as possible and be prepared for two days of discipline and lectures. Head down, give it your best and show the recruiting staff that you want the job. Run everywhere and do everytinhg double time! Good luck! IF YOU HAVE PREPARED YOU WILL PASS!

4. You dont do press ups or sit ups at ADSC. Focus on trying to get your run time down to the best time poosible. Bare in mind you will do a warm up first so make sure you practice this before you run timings. Practice heaves as much as possible and be prepared for two days of discipline and lectures. Head down, give it your best and show the recruiting staff that you want the job. Run everywhere and do everytinhg double time! Good luck! IF YOU HAVE PREPARED YOU WILL PASS!

5. yea i really do want this job.okay so just focus on my runtime then.i've been doing it every other day so far.My body is feling it but i gotta break the boundry and get it as good as i can i guess.

6. do LOADS of Burpees!! excellent cardio workout!

visit http://www.rossboxing.com , this is the best resource I have found for extreme exercise regimes!

by following a decent workout plan, I have managed to get my 1.5 mile time down to just under 9:00 mins and that's after I do a couple of hours of weights, this is good enough for me at the moment, but hopefully I will shave another 30 seconds off my time or more (hopefully) by the time I go to selection.

7. 400metre sprints are stunning for leg strenght cardio mixture, aswell as hill sprints, do my run in 8.16 fastest in reality you wanna aim for under 10mins , i think PTI s have to do it in under 9.30 so thats a nice target.
    i second rosstraining.com ive got his books both incredibly detailed and very usefull.

8. ahh cheers for ya help guyz.tht rossboxing.com is mega useful.

9. Uber.... you sure you ain't on commission???

10. I am NOT on commission, but it is a good site with some good information

oh yeh, don't forget to buy the books ROFL so I can get my 15% lol JOKE

11. Off topic but that Roy Jones compilation video on his blog is good. Very talented fighter. Worth a look.