ADSC Heaves

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by deano0, Jan 23, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Heya, im off to adsc in 2 weeks but im struggling with the heaves, can anyone tell me if the heaves are a pass/fail test? :?

thanks in advance
  2. It's best effort - I passed despite not being able to do a single one. Just make sure you do well on the other strength tests & at least be seen to be giving it your all on the heaves.
  3. thanks for the info.
  4. I got 11, but for some reason when i was in the interview he had 0 down on his sheet, he is going to check to make sure i got 11 but regardless i passed so its not pass or fail
  5. Its not pass/fail. allthough u must be able to do one. :)
    my co asked me how many i could do i said 15 and he goes fine do around 8 then stop save yourself for the other things mainly jerrycan walk
  6. I only did 4 heaves and passed.

Apparently you have to be able to do atleast 1 heave to show you can lift your own weight.

Just give 100% in everything you do and they'll see your quality
  7. There are hundreds of posts on this subject, the search button is your friend....but seeing as though im here now, on my selection some people were passing with no heaves at all.
  8. Well it said 0 for me so maybe you dont have to do one? lol
  9. nah man not pass or fail if ya cant do one then just hang on bar keep trying to pull yaself up dont pull a bit then give up