ADSC Glencorse(what happens for those wondering)

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by BRMoore, Jun 26, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Thought I might put up the timetable of what I will be doing in the coming days when I go for selection. :p
    I'm going for infantry which means I will have to produce a time of under 12 minutes for the 1.5 mile run.

Day 1

09:30 - 12:20 = Applicants arrive. (Transported by coach from station, Aplicants receive protocol/procedures brief)

12:20 - 12:40 = Reception/Preliminaries. (Weapons/Drugs search,Urine samples)

12:40 - 13:00 = Induction Brief to selection.

13:00 - 13:30 = Lunch.

13:30 - 18:15 = Medical Examination, PSS(R) Strength Tests, Icebeakers/Grenade Lesson, Team Games, Evening Meal.

18:50 - 19:10 = Terms and Conditions of Service Brief.

19:15 - 19:40 = Drugs Video - One pill Can Kill.

19:40 - 20:00 = Grenade test.

20:00 - 21:20 = Applicants visit to Junior Ranks Club(JRC).

21:00 - 21:20 = Briefing for Day 2 of selection programme.

21:30 - 22:30 = Personal administration.

22:30 - 0600 = Lights out.

Day 2

0600 = Reveille

06:30 - 07:00 = Breakfast.

07:00 - 07:20 = Personal administration, Clean up Accomodation, Room Inspection, Area Cleaning.

07:20 - 08:10 = TST/Mil Knowledge test.

08:20 - 12:30 = Fitness/Motivation Brief, 1.5 mile run, Leaderless tasks, Grenade Pratical throwing, Visit Junior Ranks Club, Discussion group.

12:30 - 13:00 = Lunch.

13:00 - 16:00 = Interviews.

16:00 - 16:30 = CMS (R) Brief.

16:30 - 17:00 = Depart.

2. Don't count on it - timetable went to shite when I was there.

Why not post what ACTUALLY happened, AFTER you get back?

3. Hate to burst your bubble brother, but you have to produce a mile-and-a-half run in under 10:30, not 12 minutes :wink: And yeah im told it rarely goes to schedule, I arrived 2 hours later than the rest of my selection group and then waited 4 hours for my medical. This cost us most of the afternoons/evenings plans, no team games or videos, and the grenade lesson at 2200 before lights out. We then ended up having a 0500 reveille on day 2 with a grenade test at 0530. Anyhow, good luck to you, if you can take whatever they throw at you without back chatting you'll be fine :D

Did my selection at Pirbright though fyi..
    Sj

4. I did my selection at Pirbright in January and iv got to agree with cresent and sjm88. my selection was nothing like the time table. We played basketball in the gym for about 2 hours until we had dinner on the fist night. And in the morning we watched cathrine tate before doing our run. So i wouldn't go on wot the timetable says fella!!!!!!!!!!

5. Actually sjm88 it is 12 minutes to be fair - 10:30 is the MATTS standard for SERVING personnel, not entry level.

Our medicals took us right up to Dinner, they split us in the end and one lot went and got through the PSSR tests PDQ, the other half of them carried on with the medicals. The second group only 5 mins for quick scoff before the JRC visit.

Then it was a brief about how to do the beds etc, and beddie byes for us.

I ended up having my grenade lesson literally a few minutes before the test - and done my icebreaker before we got on the coach back to the station.

And that was Glencorse. There's a Cav Captain up there by the way, 'kin top bloke. And the WO1 there is a top bloke too.

"Honesty is important in the Army lads, so the **** dropped the plank then?" :thumright:

6. Ahhh didn't realise that, I was told at pirbright it had to be under 10:30.Nevermind, still got in under 10 minutes so im happy enough!

7. bloody hell I got deffered for knee problems, you'd think somebody including myself would have noticed but no, not good enough for the army(although I've been training with no problems what-so-ever) so I could be looking at missing harrogate, never again be able to go in as a JE, never be able to go to harrogate(of course), might even need to have a damned operation, and to top it off it was a bloody waste of my time who misses this it was written down and the GP said my knee was bloody fine. Might also have to wait till 18 because my parents were supporting me going in while I was headed to harrogate :cry:

Yea your all right the timetable screwed up, the CPL who met us didn't seem really bothered he went to have a chat with the guy at the back of the bus who'd done 6 years and discharged and is re-applying...plus he said i wasn't on the list and when we got there he found my name again:p

Well I don't really give a shit this won't stop me I will get in if its the last thing I do :twisted: plus next time I will know what to expect so you can see the light in this dark(and also not quite ended) tunnel :roll:

Oh and yea I had a chat with the captain before leaving to discuss the...umm..."problem" and solution and what happens.

To be fair I think Glencorse does stick to the table just not the times given, you still do the "things" on the "list"...

8. Just keep at it, determination is 9/10 the battle.

Was it CPL B*ch***n that picked you up?

He ended up having a long chat with a guy who'd done 9 years Navy too :)

9. lol I don't remember his name or he didn't say it :) :?

very short hair, RLC?

10. That's the one :)

Scary bugger

11. lol he did seem constantly pissed off:p...even in a good mood like talking about a boss of his the guy who'd done 6 years had also had:) (the word ****** being exchanged in the sentence about the boss lmao)

Anyway I've been to the doctor and there's nothing wrong with my knee no effusion and the guy apparently at glencorse added "wasting of the quads"...**** sake the GP ruled that one out as well so no its a huge thing of getting a letter all the way up to glencorse, I'm away on holiday for a month re-arranging a damn date for selection for when i get back then that 4 hour train journey back up to get back to square one....AND thats all got to happen before a sep intake for harrogate, so a big cheers to this doctors at glencorse I'll be seeing their sorry faces again....it's not going to be a happy greeting:D

12. Best of luck to you brother, keep your head down and your chin up :D

13. lol yes of course, thing to do is to keep my fitness up(while on holiday, yippy! :( ) but I think I will manage lets hope good old completely hill covered rough South African terrain will do me some good, and breathing good old "fresh home ground tasty" air from whence I drew breath at birth lmao!...

Enough ranting towards my birth nation now:p....need to focus on keeping my cover and being British for the British Army :twisted: haha :wink:

14. I have got my medical tomorrow at glencorse i was wondering if give me any advice.

15. what did they say was wrong with your knee mate ?