ADSC Glencorse Experience

So shitting bricks but this gave me a good insight into what the future holds. 4th of April, here I come.

MarcN

Crow
So shitting bricks but this gave me a good insight into what the future holds. 4th of April, here I come.
You'll be fine.
Don't worry about the medical, out of your hands.
Speak up, be confident, give encouragement and be the first to volunteer in team tasks.
On the run, just don't be sh*t.

Oh
And plate to food o_O

Kkkai

Crow
Hi all just joined registered etc. Had my call off recruitment centre think it's going yo be dnd of march beginning of April for my assessment. Will bring back memories back in 1995 when was last at glencorse Barricks would of been 18 going on 19 to join infantry 1.5 mile run was 12 minutes or under I cleared it in 9 minutes 12 seconds second out of 54 lads but really don't think I am going yo be as quick as that now 42 going for hopefully rlc driver got 14 minutes or under. Plus am part time smoker but that never effected me are there still a smoking area within the barracks does anyone who been there lately or is they strict about smoking on camp. If anyone got a date around that for assessment like I say end of this month beginning of April will no in couple weeks look forward to meeting you all.

Bencila

Swinger
You’ll do an approx. 800m jog to warm up btw. The weather permits where you’ll do the run . If it’s decent you’ll do it on the old disused train track (which I’m glad we did). If not then on the parade square as mentioned above , think it’s 8-9 laps you do. Same routine on the track solid level ground , although might be slippery with fallen leaves if wet. Also the general public have right of way here so watch out for dog walkers , etc. Pretty basic run X amount of metres one way, touch a fence and then X amount of metres back . Good luck
Please we’re you allowed to use watches for your run at Glencorse ?

TAZ2

Swinger
Anybody on Glencorse this month (September 25th)?

Possible meet up on the train to chat about stuff would be spectacular!

Taz

Pittie

Swinger
Please we’re you allowed to use watches for your run at Glencorse
Might be a bit late but just be careful on your run at Glencorse, it's on a pretty narrow path and you've got 40ish people running and it can be extremely slippy due to leaves, etc. If you're a decent runner try and get ahead as soon as possible (preferably on the lineup before the run starts) because otherwise you'll have people gassing themselves out and stopping in the middle of the path (bonus points if it's a group of friends who'll then walk in a line and block the whole path like they're on their way home from a piss up)

Also be careful on the grass when you're running between each of the team exercises, had one guy in my group who smashed pretty much everything and ended up getting booted because he tripped over running between two exercises and pulled something.

Bencila

Swinger
Might be a bit late but just be careful on your run at Glencorse, it's on a pretty narrow path and you've got 40ish people running and it can be extremely slippy due to leaves, etc. If you're a decent runner try and get ahead as soon as possible (preferably on the lineup before the run starts) because otherwise you'll have people gassing themselves out and stopping in the middle of the path (bonus points if it's a group of friends who'll then walk in a line and block the whole path like they're on their way home from a piss up)

Also be careful on the grass when you're running between each of the team exercises, had one guy in my group who smashed pretty much everything and ended up getting booted because he tripped over running between two exercises and pulled something.
Thanks very much . I pass my selection . I run 7:14 sec

Latest Threads